Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
About the DCX (Developer and Consumer Experiences) Team:
The DCX team is responsible for the Foursquare technology that people outside of the company interact with to build and consume location in exciting and engaging ways. That spans from the Pilgrim SDK (the always on passive location detection engine) to our apps Foursquare and Swarm. We spend time building features that highlight the value of location for developers wanting to build their own apps, and users who should get a benefit from an app using their location information. The DCX team is a core piece of the Foursquare business and is a high impact team with big implications on the broader company success.
About the role:
- Facilitate daily stand up, sprint pre-planning, sprint planning, retros, demos, backlog grooming sessions
- Ensure all work is represented in Jira, organized appropriately
- Minimize gaps between planned work represented in Jira, and actual work done
- Ensure all engineers are properly allocated with appropriate amount of work per sprint
- Ensure Product managers, engineering managers, and engineers work together to have stories ready for sprint starts, and close sprints cleanly with issues properly closed out and minimal carry over
- Ensure day to day changes within sprints are properly responded to and reflected in jira
- Work with Jira administrators and teams to ensure Jira is optimized for work across projects and teams
- Ensure backlog is properly managed and does not become a dumping ground
- Remove any impediments that would prevent the team from achieving its sprint goals (internal to the team as well as external, dealing with all cross functional teams as appropriate)
- Make sure team goes through agile meetings with right objectives and set up achievable goals with necessary acceptance criteria
- Work with Program Managers to ensure team goals are aligned with program goals, and tactical plans are communicated to main stakeholders including relevant cross-functional teams
- Provide accurate, understandable, and useful metrics/reporting on sprint performance, and utilize to provide feedback, demonstrate performance, and drive progress
- Drive process improvements toward consistent delivery of working product
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of consistent standards for agile process across diverse teams, with enough structure to support efficient cross organizational process, and enough flexibility to support each team's unique requirements
- 2- 6 years as an agile project manager or scrum master for a software development team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player, energetic personality, quality minded, focused, committed, able to work independently in a fast paced, changing environment
- Knowledge of other project management methodologies a plus
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About us Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through a deep understanding of location intelligence. Every month, more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide app, Foursquare Swarm check-in app and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. Our community of explorers have left 91 million tips and checked in 12 billion times. Foursquare’s Places API powers location data for Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Twitter, Uber, Airbnb and 100,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success. Foursquare has over 250 employees based in New York headquarters and offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, and Singapore. Foursquare is proud to be funded by Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more. U.S. offices New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles International offices London, Singapore
Want to learn more about Foursquare? Visit Foursquare's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Test Automation Engineer, Cloud
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL, Toronto, ON
Hardware Systems Engineer
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Forward Deployed Software Engineer, New Grad
Palantir Technologies, Ottawa, Canada
Senior Data Engineer