Web Engineering Manager / Full Stack Engineering Manager
Foursquare, New York
See jobs at Foursquare
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
- Manage and coach a team of talented software engineers.
- Manage the team’s technical roadmap and direction. This includes owning the technology vision, managing the R&D process, evaluating architecture designs, and ensuring predictable execution.
- Manage the development of scalable and robust systems across multiple disciplines.
- Identify and track critical diagnostic metrics for the health and growth of our core technologies.
- Evaluate and introduce process and policy changes as necessary.
- Partner with stakeholders across the company to execute broad engineering and company initiatives.
- Grow and build a diverse and effective team through recruiting efforts, establishing hiring goals and interviewing norms, and evolving the onboarding process for new team members.
- 5+ years of proven experience in a software engineering/development role
- 2+ years experience managing an engineering team
- Experience building enterprise-grade web apps on a modern web stack
- Excellent problem solving and large-scale systems debugging skills
- Track record of shipping and scaling high-quality software systems as an individual contributor and manager
- Strong desire to tackle large-scale problems
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to convey intricate systems and logic to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Top-notch motivational skills and the ability to align teams toward company goals and vision
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and the products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About us Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through a deep understanding of location intelligence. Every month, more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide app, Foursquare Swarm check-in app and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. Our community of explorers have left 91 million tips and checked in 12 billion times. Foursquare’s Places API powers location data for Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Twitter, Uber, Airbnb and 100,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success. Foursquare has over 250 employees based in New York headquarters and offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, and Singapore. Foursquare is proud to be funded by Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more. U.S. offices New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles International offices London, Singapore
Want to learn more about Foursquare? Visit Foursquare's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Research Engineer - Vehicle Control
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
Security Program Analyst
Robinhood, Menlo Park, CA
Jr. Security Engineer
Ingenu, San Diego
Senior Gameplay Programmer
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Engineering Leader- Quality Infrastructure and Automation Engineering- Integration SDK team
Clover, Colorado Springs
Lead Software Engineer
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA