- Does working with industry-leading consumer and location datasets excite you?
- Do you have a quantitative background and love SQL?
- Do you like to roll up your sleeves get to the bottom of hard data questions?
Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About This Role:
Foursquare is expanding its world-class analytics team with the mission of reinventing how the online and offline worlds are connected using our proprietary location intelligence solutions. Foursquare is seeking a NYC-based talented Technical Data Analyst to support strategic insight development, leveraging our unique foot traffic panel and location technology. Reporting into the Sr. Director of Analytics, this role will work closely with all parts of analytics as well as the engineering, product, sales and marketing organizations to get to the bottom of hard data questions, to ensure data quality and identify opportunities that will shape the direction of the company.
- Be a core part of the analytics team. Work closely with product managers and engineers of different teams, esp. The B2B and B2C product teams, to understand user behavior and existing data sources and pipelines.
- Diagnose trends, drill down into data trends and determine key drivers.
- Tune alerts and investigate data anomalies to identify bugs and data issues leading to actionable steps for product and engineering teams.
- Lead cross-functional investigations on data quality and user engagement for our products.
- Help develop processes to evaluate and track data/algorithm quality over time.
- Bachelor/Masters degree in an analytical field such as CS/Engineering/Econ/Math/Stats/Physics/etc.
- 3+ years work experience as a Quantitative Analyst, Data Scientist, or comparable role.
- Proven track record of an investigative mindset, getting to the core of hard data problems
- Experience working with large datasets and expertise in SQL, Hive/Redshift/Presto. Ideally familiar with Python or Scala.
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis, experiment design, normalization, modeling, and multivariate testing
- A perfectionist for getting analyses correct; a pragmatist for getting things done on time
About us Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through a deep understanding of location intelligence. Every month, more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide app, Foursquare Swarm check-in app and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. Our community of explorers have left 91 million tips and checked in 12 billion times. Foursquare’s Places API powers location data for Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Twitter, Uber, Airbnb and 100,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success. Foursquare has over 250 employees based in New York headquarters and offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, and Singapore. Foursquare is proud to be funded by Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more. U.S. offices New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles International offices London, Singapore
Want to learn more about Foursquare? Visit Foursquare's website.
Jobs You May Like
Summer Intern 2018, Systems
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL (HQ)
Manager, Analytics & Business Intelligence
Sr. Software Engineer - Cloud/Kubernetes
Hortonworks, Bangalore, India
Part Time Data Analytics Instructor
General Assembly, Atlanta
Data Science Engineer
Collective Health, San Francisco
Part Time Data Science Instructor
General Assembly, San Francisco