Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the team
The Client Solutions Engineering team is responsible for prototyping, custom and interim solutions that help Foursquare go-to-market faster and meet the needs of our clients and partners. We work directly with clients and partners providing technical guidance and making sure they are able to use Foursquare products and data effectively. We are a high-impact team of developers working on the bleeding edge of the full suite of Foursquare products and data working closely with our Sales Engineering, Client Success and Product Management teams as well as with clients and partners.
About the role
As a Client Solutions Engineer on Foursquare Measurement products you are responsible for building and maintaining custom workflows to ingest and process data and for creating solutions related to campaign management for our Attribution and Offline Conversion Data products. You are the primary technical contact for Client Success and for clients and partners using our Measurement API. This role is based in Seattle.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Develop and maintain workflows that query, transform, cleanse and/or analyze data
- Partner as the primary technical contact for our Measurement API - supporting API integration through onboarding calls and extending our developer documentation
- Triage unexpected behavior, navigating complex systems through log files, stack traces and data analysis to identify issues and provide solutions, working closely with Product and Engineering
- Distill, provide product feedback and help shape processes to improve operability of Measurement products based on issues and client support requests
- 2+ years experience in a similar role or similar working experience
- 2+ years programming experience (we use Python primarily)
- 2+ years experience with SQL (we use Athena and Hive)
- 2+ years experience with AWS or other cloud storage provider
- Fluent in shell scripting and comfort with command-line utilities to view, edit and manipulate data
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot through log files and stack traces
- Demonstrated experience supporting external clients or internal stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- Experience with data analysis and notebooks (we use EMR notebooks)
- Experience with Big Data
- Experience using a workflow management system (Airflow, Luigi, etc.)
- Experience working across several teams (technical and non-technical) in a cross-functional role
- An understanding of AdTech industry, especially attribution
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About us Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through a deep understanding of location intelligence. Every month, more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide app, Foursquare Swarm check-in app and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. Our community of explorers have left 91 million tips and checked in 12 billion times. Foursquare’s Places API powers location data for Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Twitter, Uber, Airbnb and 100,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success. Foursquare has over 250 employees based in New York headquarters and offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, and Singapore. Foursquare is proud to be funded by Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more. U.S. offices New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles International offices London, Singapore
Want to learn more about Foursquare? Visit Foursquare's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos