Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the Team:
The PMO team is responsible for defining, implementing, and maintaining the standards for program and project management within Product and Engineering at Foursquare. Sample programs include Privacy (CCPA, GDPR), AWS Cost Management, and Software Development Process Improvement.
About the Role:
The Program Manager brings knowledge of software development (apps, APIs, platforms), providing a layer of structure and efficiency through the standardization of our tools. As the intersection of product and engineering, the program managers collaborate with business partners and engineering teams to improve our products, services, and processes.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage deployment, build standards, and provide training where needed for internal tools to better manage OKR’s, roadmaps, and backlogs
- Develop, implement, drive, and train company on new processes and process optimization
- Manage high-impact/ high-visibility projects or programs across multiple business units to successful outcomes on time and within budget
- Communicate program status and risk to relevant stakeholders, team, and partners, including up the management chain, escalating when appropriate on trade-off decisions.
- Translate goals and objectives into iterative deliverables for implementation
- Champion agile to teams unfamiliar with its practices, such as backlog grooming and facilitating sprint ceremonies
- Balance competing factors (risk mitigation and issue resolution, dependency management, highest-ROI, etc.) to effectively maximize impact to customers
- 4 of years experience in a similar role or similar working experience
- Scrum Master or Product Owner certified
- Familiarity with Agile forms, with a preference for Kanban
- Experience in helping teams evolve their Agile practices
- Bachelor's Degree in business, computer science, or related field, or 8 years relevant work experience
- Ability to understand software engineering fundamentals. Exposure to large-scale systems.
- Experience in communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences, and connecting business context and customer impact to engineering tasks
- Enjoys bringing creative thinking and ideas for improvement as a member of the PMO and as a member of software delivery teams
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Strong written and oral skills
- Experience collaborating with external customers & senior leadership
Nice to have:
- Experience in location data platforms, or targeting and segmentation services.
- Agile coaching experience
- Enterprise software development (experience as a developer, SDET, architect, etc. a plus)
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
- Knowledge of JIRA preferred
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About us Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through a deep understanding of location intelligence. Every month, more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide app, Foursquare Swarm check-in app and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. Our community of explorers have left 91 million tips and checked in 12 billion times. Foursquare’s Places API powers location data for Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Twitter, Uber, Airbnb and 100,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success. Foursquare has over 250 employees based in New York headquarters and offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, and Singapore. Foursquare is proud to be funded by Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more. U.S. offices New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles International offices London, Singapore
Want to learn more about Foursquare? Visit Foursquare's website.
File hosting service