Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the Team:
The Unfolded Team at Foursquare set out to bring the most advanced geospatial technologies to the world that is powerful, beautiful, and easy to use. The team is building a geospatial analytics platform for accessing, merging, enriching, analyzing, and visualizing spatial data. Members of Unfolded are authors of a suite of leading open source geospatial technologies - kepler.gl, deck.gl and H3. By joining the team, you will have an opportunity to work with some world-class geospatial engineers in the industry.
About the role:
Reporting to our Head of Backend Engineering, the Dev Ops Engineer will serve an important role in building and operating the backend infrastructure for Unfolded Studio. You will be responsible for implementing cluster and application management best practices in multi-cloud environments with Kubernetes. You will be able to demonstrate initiative and professionalism and attention to detail.
This position is full time and can be remote.
What you’ll Do
- Design architecture for cloud based application, and design deployment management for cloud environments (GCP/AWS/Azure)
- Design and implement private cloud and on-premesis software delivery solutions.
- Implement infrastructure best practices around observability, logging, metrics, resource allocation, service meshes, operations, and disaster recovery.
- Design and implement authentication and Identity and Access Management (IAM) systems.
- Well versed in cloud deployment technologies including with Kubernetes, containers and Docker, and Helm.
- Experience with infrastructure as code systems like Terraform.
- Experience with managed Kubernetes service offerings.
- Experience with designing and delivering on-premises software solutions.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Dev Ops engineer ideally gained in a fast-paced or startup environment
- Knowledge of production troubleshooting and debugging techniques.
- At ease with technology, able to quickly pick up new tech stacks and troubleshoot
- Proactive, able to take initiative and work independently
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About us Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through a deep understanding of location intelligence. Every month, more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide app, Foursquare Swarm check-in app and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. Our community of explorers have left 91 million tips and checked in 12 billion times. Foursquare’s Places API powers location data for Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Twitter, Uber, Airbnb and 100,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success. Foursquare has over 250 employees based in New York headquarters and offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, and Singapore. Foursquare is proud to be funded by Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more. U.S. offices New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles International offices London, Singapore
Want to learn more about Foursquare? Visit Foursquare's website.
See jobs at CipherHealth