- Support product evaluations.
- Responsible for maintaining test kitchen space to include a set inventory of ingredients in all culinary storage areas.
- Execute and prepare prototype samples.
- Stores all labeled samples which have been produced, and also determines which/how many samples need to be produced based on Culinary Department requests.
- Maintains the Culinary test kitchen, keeping the equipment, work surfaces, and general work areas clean and well organized. Wash dishes.
- Ensures that samples are prepared, bagged, labeled and contained in the correct packaging requests so that all orders are ready and shipped complete, accurately and on time.
- Prepare samples, as needed, based on existing formulations.
- Assist Culinary Development Chefs and Culinary Scientist in the preparation of new recipes, current product enhancements, product matching, and any other recipes that must be updated/changed.
- Label and date all finished samples and ingredients.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Must have insane passion for delicious, healthy food product development and high quality assurance standards.
- 2+ years experience in food manufacturing and/or large volume food service production.
- Culinary Degree, Culinology Degree or equivalent background and experience.
- Certifications a plus, but not required.
- High school diploma minimum.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable in pilot plant or manufacturing environment.
- Comfortable in a kitchen environment.
- Basic understanding of food safety; ServSafe or similar preferred.
- Organizational & project management skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Basic understanding of food science is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills (Google Docs) is a plus.
FRESHLY simplifies the path to healthy eating and achieving fitness goals by serving as both your "personal chef and nutritionist". We work with talented chefs to create and deliver fresh, gourmet, ready-made meals, designed to help you optimize your health while enjoying the process. Each meal is carefully curated with all-natural ingredients and is always free of gluten, artificial flavors, and refined sugars. High in protein and nutrient dense veggies, nothing about us is artificial! Using the most advanced packaging technology, our meals arrive to your doorstep carefully packaged in a refrigerated box so your food stays fresh.
Our ample menu won’t disappoint. But don’t take our word for it – we back it up with a 100% money-back guarantee. Let us do the work. All you have to do is it eat and enjoy; no shopping, no cooking, no cleaning.
With FRESHLY, eating healthy is easy, delicious, and more convenient than ever.
Want to learn more about Freshly? Visit Freshly's website.
Jobs You May Like
Carrot Creative, Brooklyn, New York
e-learning Instructional Designer
Outbound Sales Wine Concierge
Bright Cellars, Milwaukee, WI
Software Project Manager Apprentice (New York)
Intrepid Pursuits, New York, NY
Utilization Review Nurse
Procurement Analyst (Intern)