- Collect meal component data during production to validate specification compliance; verify data accuracy and through repetitive testing.
- Support production through product preparation and documentation of requested ingredients and meal components.
- Implement and perform scientific and analytical testing in a manufacturing environment to optimize recipe performance and production efficiencies.
- Audit weight and yield compliance throughout production areas.
- Execute and prepare prototype samples based on recipes provided.
- Ensures that samples collected are prepared, bagged, labeled, dated and contained per process; when applicable, ensure that all products are ready and shipped complete, accurately and on time.
- As available, assist Culinary Development in testing new recipes, trialing product enhancements, and other production-based development tasks.
- Ensure quality, safety , product specifications and good manufacturing processes (GMPs) are followed.
- Comply with FDA, USDA and HACCP standards.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Ability to taste, smell and see well enough to discriminate quantity and quality of individual flavor components.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands and arms to handle, feel and reach, push, pull, bend and twist.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, move up and down stairs; occasionally push, pull, move, lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Visually inspects equipment and locates merchandise and other objects.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Read information, often in small print.
- Enter and locate information on a computer system or communication device.
- Write documents, reports, etc. using a writing instrument (e.g., pencil, pen) or computer.
- Observe behavior of others.
- Works in active kitchen areas with hot equipment and perishable food products.
- May require work in grill and oven areas with extreme heat conditions and frequent interaction with heated equipment.
- Food preparation, food handling and cooking required.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in all required areas.
- Work in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold from 0 to 100 degrees, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions.
- Work in areas with slippery and/or wet conditions near water.
- Frequently work near equipment and mechanically moving parts.
- Regular exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Work overnight, weekends, and rotating/varying shifts.
- Work indoors for extended periods of time.
- Move through narrow, enclosed, or elevated spaces.
- Peanut-free facility.
- Must have serious passion for cooking delicious, healthy food.
- Must have high standards for food quality and customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of high-volume kitchen logistics.
- 2+ years experience in food manufacturing and/or large volume food service production.
- Culinary Degree, Culinology Degree or equivalent background and experience Certifications a plus, but not required.
- High school diploma required.
- Meticulous attention to detail including strong analytical, writing, math, and communication skills.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable in pilot plant or manufacturing environment.
- Comfortable in a kitchen environment.
- Basic understanding of food safety; ServSafe or similar preferred.
- Organizational & project management skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Basic understanding of food science is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills (Google Docs) is a plus.
FRESHLY simplifies the path to healthy eating and achieving fitness goals by serving as both your "personal chef and nutritionist". We work with talented chefs to create and deliver fresh, gourmet, ready-made meals, designed to help you optimize your health while enjoying the process. Each meal is carefully curated with all-natural ingredients and is always free of gluten, artificial flavors, and refined sugars. High in protein and nutrient dense veggies, nothing about us is artificial! Using the most advanced packaging technology, our meals arrive to your doorstep carefully packaged in a refrigerated box so your food stays fresh.
Our ample menu won’t disappoint. But don’t take our word for it – we back it up with a 100% money-back guarantee. Let us do the work. All you have to do is it eat and enjoy; no shopping, no cooking, no cleaning.
With FRESHLY, eating healthy is easy, delicious, and more convenient than ever.
Want to learn more about Freshly? Visit Freshly's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid