Galvanize, San Francisco
The learning community for technology
Vision and Values:
Galvanize is a dynamic learning community for technology. Our community is where people and companies with the guts and smarts to create real-world change congregate and inspire each other. The goal is to make opportunities in technology available to all those with the aptitude, determination, and drive. Across 8 beautifully designed urban campuses, Galvanize offers a unique combination of education, workspace, and networking.
Galvanize teaches web development, data science, and data engineering to students, offers support and workspace to over 700 member companies, and provides over 200 networking events monthly throughout the nation. Galvanize campuses bring together entrepreneurs, students, investors, mentors, and great people and companies to develop the skills, mindset, and networks necessary to thrive in a technology driven world.
The Evangelist serves as Galvanize’s face to San Francisco’s technology communities, cultivating new relationships, promoting our dynamic learning community, and facilitating the integration of new people and companies with the Galvanize community. The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of community building, strategic partner marketing, charisma, and technical savvy. The Evangelist works dynamically based on the needs of the campus, and interacts with internal and external stakeholders to achieve their goals.
- Build excitement and passion around Galvanize offerings through a variety of methods, including event marketing, blog posts, discussions, conference attendance, press events, meetups, trade shows, etc.
- Drive high quality applicants to Galvanize programs by becoming and remaining an expert in the company's products, target demographic, technology trends and the competitive landscape.
- Drive efforts to build local grass roots marketing efforts locally, including creation of collateral and market positioning.
- Convey a compelling narrative for Galvanize offerings compared to the competition.
- Maintain and grow market knowledge of industry, competition, developer needs, and student behaviors.
- Identify and engage local strategic partners, influential thought-leaders, third-party communities, and vendors that can promote, enhance, and benefit from Galvanize product offerings.
- Orchestrate partnerships with the most exciting technology conferences related to data science, web development, and technology trends. Bring appropriate events to the Galvanize campus, and attend relevant events locally to build Galvanize brand awareness.
- Grow the entire ecosystem within Galvanize including top-of-funnel applicants, by delivering articulate and effective content to target audiences.
- Collaborate with HQ and internal teams to define the roadmap, market positioning, and promotion of educational offerings and developer initiatives.
- Educate internal teams and leaders on emerging trends and themes in big and streaming data, web technologies, and data science.
- Maintain knowledge of improvements in Galvanize products and communicate benefits of future releases.
- Use metrics to analyze and track performance, collecting quantitative and qualitative data on prospective students and synthesizing it into actionable guidance for campus operations, product, and marketing teams.
- Collect data (quantitative and qualitative) on all efforts, synthesize data into product and marketing feedback for campus operations, product and marketing teams.
Focus on conversion rates.
- 2+ years relevant professional experience in engaged community development, evangelism, event marketing, and technical program management.
- Experience planning online and offline activities with a technical community, a broad technical network.
- Experience blogging and/or writing technical or technical-adjacent promotional copy.
- Natural agility and flexibility in the face of fast-changing and undefined situations.
- Social and personable.
- Able to build relationships from scratch.
- Outstanding follow-through, time management, and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public leadership and leadership skills.
- Strong understanding of and commitment to customer service and hospitality.
- Available for evening and weekend events.
- Positive attitude is a must.
- Flexibility to travel to attend and speak at conferences, to evangelize internally, and to inspire Galvanize staff across campuses.
Nice to Have:
- Robust portfolio of in-market tech communities, conference organizers, thought-leaders and industry experts.
- Existing credibility within and without the organization.
- An existing follower base, as well as experience working directly with press and bloggers.
- 3+ years experience in analytics, data science or web development.
- Experience with an agile project management philosophy / methodology.
- Knowledge of event organizing software (Meetup, Eventbrite, etc.)
- Knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, etc.)
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.