Contractor - PT Python Instructor
The learning community for technology
We are growing our data science instructional staff at Galvanize with a contractor position to teach evening part-time workshops at our Phoenix campus. Our Instructors train technical professionals with programming experience to solve data science problems utilizing innovative educational techniques. At Galvanize, we don’t just teach, we guide. We use data-driven instructional design to differentiate for students’ diverse personality types, habits, and learning styles.
AS A PYTHON INSTRUCTOR AT GALVANIZE, YOU WILL:
- Teach evening Intro to Python workshop, 2-hour sessions, 4 nights/wk for 4 weeks. The Intro to Python curriculum prepares students for the Galvanize Data Science Immersive program.
- Deliver lectures and tutorials on scientific Python. See full outline of course below.
- Lead lab sessions, maintaining a strong presence in the classroom and managing teaching assistant(s)
- Deftly and patiently field student questions and provide feedback in lectures
- Utilize student feedback and experimentation to continuously improve teaching and assessment methods
- There’s no better way to learn than to teach!
- You’ll be amazed at how much you’ll develop skills you thought you were already an expert in just by helping students and planning lessons.
- Opportunities to work with and learn from other data science instructors and a highly collaborative environment.
- Experience in industry in a data scientist or data analyst role
- Degree or equivalent experience in a quantitative discipline such as engineering, statistics, or mathematics
- Strong understanding in the topics we teach
- Outstanding communication skillsExperience teaching a quantitative subject preferred
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Galvanize is a 21st Century school for entrepreneurs, engineers, and data scientists. On eight campuses across the U.S., the energy, intellect and ambition of Galvanize students, members and alumni are at the heart of a learning community that promotes belonging, and that celebrates courage and growth.
Want to learn more about Galvanize? Visit