As a Data Science Instructor at Galvanize, you will:
- At Galvanize, we strive to provide meaningful professional development opportunities to all of our employees. Here are just a few of the ways you will continue to grow and“level-up” as a developer and a teacher:
- There’s no better way to learn than to teach! You’ll be amazed at how much you’ll develop skills you thought you were already an expert in just by helping students and planning lessons.
- Opportunities to work with and learn from other data science and web development instructors in a highly collaborative and intellectually rich environment.
- Previous projects have involved: Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Engineering and Architecture, Applied Statistics and Statistical Modeling, Web Development in Ruby on Rails, Angular, Ember, React, Node.js and Express.
- Become the best instructor you can be with ongoing training and support.
- Industry experience in a data scientist or software engineer role.
- Master's or PhD in a quantitative discipline such as engineering, statistics, or mathematics.
- Strong understanding of the topics we teach: Scientific Python, probability, statistics (Probability, A/B Testing, Bayesian methods, Regression Methods, Time Series), SQL, Machine Learning (Decision Trees, Random Forest, Boosting, Support Vector Machines, Clustering, Natural Language Processing, Recommenders, Graphs), Data Engineering (Hadoop, Hive, and MapReduce), Data Visualization (d3), and Data at Scale.
- For more details on the program go to: http://www.galvanize.com/courses/data-science/#.Viqz4LQR8UU
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Experience teaching a quantitative subject preferred.
More about Galvanize:
- Galvanize is a dynamic learning community for technology. Our community is where people and companies with the guts and smarts to create real-world change congregate and inspire each other. Our goal is to make opportunities in technology available to all those with the aptitude, determination and drive. Across our 8 beautifully-designed urban campuses, we offer a unique combination of education, workspace, and networking.
Galvanize is a 21st Century school for entrepreneurs, engineers, and data scientists. On eight campuses across the U.S., the energy, intellect and ambition of Galvanize students, members and alumni are at the heart of a learning community that promotes belonging, and that celebrates courage and growth.
Want to learn more about Galvanize? Visit https://www.galvanize.com/
Jobs You May Like
Oh My Green, San Mateo, CA
(Senior) Business Intelligence Analyst (m/f) - Operations
Software Engineering Manager, Data
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Data & Analytics Manager
TCGplayer, Syracuse, NY