Galvanize, San Francisco
The learning community for technology
About Galvanize: Galvanize is a dynamic learning community for technology. Our community is where people and companies with the guts and smarts to create real-world change congregate and inspire each other. The goal is to make opportunities in technology available to all those with the aptitude, determination, and drive. Across 8 beautifully designed urban campuses,Galvanize offers a unique combination of education, workspace, and networking.
Galvanize teaches web development, data science, and data engineering to students, offers support and workspace to over 700 member companies, and provides over 200 networking events across eight urban campuses throughout the nation. Galvanize campuses bring together entrepreneurs, students, investors, mentors, and great people and companies to develop the skills, mindset, and networks necessary to thrive in a technology driven world.
About Gather: Gather is a craft cafe positioned at the entrance of Galvanize. We focus on artisanal breakfast and lunch offerings paired with local coffee roasters. We believe in community and we recruit individuals with the same philosophy. We are seeking a full-time cook who is passionate about the industry and has an excitement for sharing great products with their guests.
Our line cooks serve as a frontline of our member and guest experience. They personally connect with, laugh with, and uplift the lives of our customers – even if just for a few moments. Their work goes beyond handcrafting a perfectly made entree or prepping items meticulously; it’s about creating a human connection with every customer. Galvanize cafes are craft cafes positioned at the entrance of Galvanize. We focus on artisanal breakfast and lunch offerings paired with local coffee roasters. We are seeking employees who are passionate about the hospitality industry and have an excitement for sharing great products with their guests.
- Represent Galvanize in a Professional and Hospitable manner, and help to maintain positive company morale
- Maintain a high level of motivation to ensure quality and consistent product
- Communicating with the Hospitality Manager when the café/bar needs products
- Preparing salads, sandwiches, and breakfast items
- Receiving orders, placing orders, and overall care for product
- Assist in maintaining a clean, well stocked kitchen and well managed food inventory
- Routinely clean the bar area, floors taking out trash and operating the bar with out assistance
- Support the building and event staff in maintaining a clean, courteous, and hospitable environment
- Exceptional and persuasive hospitality skills
- Must have a positive attitude, confidence, and desire to be the best
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and grow
- Regularly required to lift and / or move items up to 25 lbs.
- Value strong communication skills and has the ability to manage up.
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Galvanize is a 21st Century school for entrepreneurs, engineers, and data scientists. On eight campuses across the U.S., the energy, intellect and ambition of Galvanize students, members and alumni are at the heart of a learning community that promotes belonging, and that celebrates courage and growth.