Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
THE DEPARTMENT: DATA
THE ROLE: HEAD OF DATA
As the leader, you’ll shape the way we approach data at Gemini by creating a strategic vision for how data can help drive our business growth. You will build and manage a high-performance data science, engineering and analytics team and leverage your data experience and communication skills to work across business teams to develop innovative data solutions. You will inspire and mentor a strong data team through your passion for data and its ability to transform decision-making and generate solutions for this new, exciting asset class. Communicating your insights and driving new product development across the organization is paramount to success. You will also be looked upon to share Gemini’s data vision and products externally.
- Lead team responsible for scaling our data infrastructure and optimizing our warehouse’s performance
- Lead design, architecture and implementation of best-in-class Data Warehousing and reporting solutions
- Lead and participate in design discussions and meetings
- Lead and mentor data engineers, data scientists and analysts
- Design, automate, build, and launch scalable, efficient and reliable data pipelines into production
- Build real-time data and reporting solutions
- Oversee design, build and enhance dimensional models for Data Warehouse and BI solutions
- Research new tools and technologies to improve existing processes
- Develop new systems and tools to enable the teams to consume and understand data more intuitively
- Partner with engineers, project managers, and analysts to deliver insights to the business
- Own responsibilities around root cause analysis, production and data issues such as validation
- 12-20+ years experience in data engineering with data warehouse technologies
- 5-7+ years experience bringing a data infrastructure to the next level including the overhaul of data, pipelines, architecture and modeling
- 10+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- 10+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Experience building real-time data solutions and processes
- Experience building and integrating web analytics solutions
- Advanced SQL skills is a must
- Skilled in programming languages Python and/or Java
- Experience with one or more MPP databases(Redshift, Bigquery, Snowflake, etc)
- Experience with one or more ETL tools(Informatica, Pentaho, SSIS, Alooma, etc)
- Experienced building cross functional teams across different departments
- Strong technical and business communication
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a next generation digital asset exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, and store digital assets such as bitcoin and ether. Gemini is a New York trust company that is held to the highest level of fiduciary obligations, capital reserve requirements, and banking compliance standards. Gemini was founded in 2014, by brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, to build a bridge to the future of money. For more information, visit Gemini.com.
We believe in the transformational power of digital assets, and want to work with people who have passion, integrity, and perseverance. We’re committed to excellence and building a truly galaxy-changing team. If this sounds like you, apply for a seat on the Gemini Spaceship today!