Director of Data Science
Gemini, New York, NY
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
THE DEPARTMENT: DATA
THE ROLE: DIRECTOR OF DATA SCIENCE
As the leader of the data science function, you’ll steer Gemini’s data science strategy and lead it’s execution. You will build and lead a high-performance data science team to solve diverse and complex business problems. You will leverage your experience and communication skills to work across business teams to build and develop innovative data science models and algorithms. You will inspire and mentor a strong team through your leadership and strong hands-on capability to transform decision-making and build solutions for different business groups at Gemini. Communicating your insights and driving new product development across the organization is paramount to success. You will also be looked upon to share Gemini’s data vision and products externally.
- Lead a team responsible for building, scaling and deploying statistical and machine learning models
- Establish a vision and roadmap for data science function to strategically change the economics of our business
- Coach and mentor capable data scientists and continuously drive them to achieve higher level of excellence
- Be able to distill complex models and analysis into compelling insights for our stakeholders and executives
- Be a key driver in bringing innovative ideas to the table that are backed by robust analysis, models and insights
- Be a hands-on leader and contribute in building and productionizing data science models and algorithms for business analytics and consumer facing applications
- Lead applied research and build state-of-art data science solutions for complex customer centric business problems
- Develop new tools and solutions to enable stakeholders to consume and understand data more intuitively
- Stay up-to-date with data science tools and methodologies in technology and financial domain
- Partner with cross-functional teams and translate business problems into technical requirements
- Masters or PhD(preferred) in Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science or related fields.
- 10+ years of work experience in analytics and data science domain focusing on business problems
- 7+ years of work experience using statistical and data mining techniques
- 5+ years of experience deploying statistical and machine learning models in production
- 3+ years of experience in integrating data science models into applications
- Skilled in programming languages like Python, R and SQL
- Sound knowledge in dealing with large data sets for analytical approach and quantitative methods
- Ability to formulate data into actionable insights and business decisions
- Solid understanding of cloud computing and infrastructure concepts
- Good understanding of deep learning algorithms and workflows
- Experience with one or more big data tools and technologies like Redshift, Snowflake, S3, Hadoop, Spark, Presto
- Experience working with NLP applications is a plus
- Strong technical and business communication
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a next generation digital asset exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, and store digital assets such as bitcoin and ether. Gemini is a New York trust company that is held to the highest level of fiduciary obligations, capital reserve requirements, and banking compliance standards. Gemini was founded in 2014, by brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, to build a bridge to the future of money. For more information, visit Gemini.com.
We believe in the transformational power of digital assets, and want to work with people who have passion, integrity, and perseverance. We’re committed to excellence and building a truly galaxy-changing team. If this sounds like you, apply for a seat on the Gemini Spaceship today!