Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, Storage
Gemini, New York, New York; Portland, Oregon; Chicago, Illinois; Los Angeles, California; San Francisco, California; Remote
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Platform
Our Platform Organization’s purpose is to enable Gemini to scale effectively and empower our engineering teams to focus on building innovative financial products and experiences for individuals around the world.
The Role: Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, Storage
The Storage Engineering team is a part of our larger Platform organization and develops and maintains the storage and data services that powers Gemini. As an engineer on this team, you’ll work on building out our database and storage strategy to support our microservice transformation and a globally growing business. In this highly cross-functional role you will partner, collaborate and align with product and platform engineering teams. With users and engineers around the world, reliability, scalability, efficiency and high availability are our team’s core concerns. This is a newly formed team and the scope and impact is rapidly evolving, which provides the opportunity to grow in innovative ways.
- Build the platform that provides self-serve provisioning, scaling, and management of database systems like Postgres, AWS RDS, AWS Aurora, and ElasticSearch.
- Work with product engineering teams to evaluate business needs and priorities, liaise with key business partners and address team needs related to data systems and management.
- Leverage cloud platforms and solutions to solve complex problems for Gemini’s storage needs.
- Partner with Compliance and Security teams in defining data lifecycle management requirements and design according solutions.
- Author detailed documentation, highlighting requirements, designs and architecture decision records.
- Review and ensure architectural designs are consistent, maintainable, flexible and cost effective.
- Build and operate continuous integration and chaos testing for our platform.
- Researching and evaluating use of new provider solutions against multiple environments and providing contextual recommendations.
- Deep experience in data and storage technologies like RDMS (Postgres), NoSQL, File systems, Block storage, Object storage.
- Experience building, maintaining, and operating a dynamic storage infrastructure that is programmatically accessed by self-service processes.
- Experience in building data solutions for globally distributed systems
- Track record of strong technical architecture, product vision, project execution and production operations.
- Platform development and operational experience in public cloud infrastructures.
- Infrastructure automation and Infrastructure as Code solutions like Terraform.
- Proficient in either Java, Python, or Golang.
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a next generation digital asset exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, and store digital assets such as bitcoin and ether. Gemini is a New York trust company that is held to the highest level of fiduciary obligations, capital reserve requirements, and banking compliance standards. Gemini was founded in 2014, by brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, to build a bridge to the future of money. For more information, visit Gemini.com.
We believe in the transformational power of digital assets, and want to work with people who have passion, integrity, and perseverance. We’re committed to excellence and building a truly galaxy-changing team. If this sounds like you, apply for a seat on the Gemini Spaceship today!
Want to learn more about Gemini? Visit Gemini's website.
DICE is on a mission to get people out more. We bring incredible live shows and