Front Lines Associate
General Assembly, Orange County
The world evolves at the speed of tech. You and your business should, too.
Recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world, General Assembly is a venture backed, post Series D, NYC-based startup in our sixth year. General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Melbourne, Denver, Toronto, Singapore, and Washington DC.. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration.
We are looking for a well rounded individual, who leads by example. Our community is at the heart of what we do at GA and we need someone bright, kind, and organized to be the face and first interaction with our students, instructors, and other stakeholders who work out of our space. We are looking for someone with a strong customer service background and a readiness to handle lots of moving pieces.
This position is heavily involved in public-facing functions like greeting students/instructors, checking guests in, assisting with events and class setup, troubleshooting AV/technical issues as they arise, and tidying up before/after classes...all with a smile on your face.
The main focus of this role is to be a customer service wizard, but here are other day to day tasks that you’ll be assisting in:
- Greeting everyone who walks through the door
- Acting as a brand ambassador for GA; Understands our products and is able to answer general questions about them
- Checking students/guests in for classes and events
- Assisting instructors with setup of projectors/presentations prior to class
- Setting up rooms for classes and spaces for events
- Troubleshooting AV/technical issues that arise
- Working closely with other campus experience team members to help students and employees find solutions to problems in a timely manner
- Assisting production team with general responsibilities associated with running a course, including but not limited to data entry and system administration
- Ordering food and beverages for courses and events
- Other responsibilities as assigned by your Manager and varying by market
- You are able to anticipate customer needs and act accordingly
- You maintain a positive and professional demeanor in challenging situations
- You are able to multi-task and enjoy wearing many hats
- You learn new processes quickly and accurately
- You are proactive and comfortable working with minimal supervision
- Prior customer service experience (startup and/or restaurant experience a plus)
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Problem Solving
- Learning on the Fly
General Assembly is a licensed school in all states that we operate in, and some states require instructors to be licensed to teach. If hired, you will be required to submit and be approved as an instructor in relevant states. Directions for becoming licensed will be shared with you during onboarding. Licensure requirements vary by state, but you may be required to provide academic transcripts and to answer questions pertaining to moral character, professional conduct, education, and work history. General Assembly will pay for all licensing fees.
For Applicants in Los Angeles: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For Applicants in San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About General Assembly
Who We Are General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love. What began as a co-working space in 2011 has since grown into a global learning experience with campuses in 20 cities and over 35,000 graduates worldwide. As individuals and companies struggle to compete in an increasingly technological economy, General Assembly provides award-winning, dynamic training to close the global skills gap.