Data Science Instructor
General Assembly, Singapore
The world evolves at the speed of tech. You and your business should, too.
Recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world, General Assembly is a venture backed, post Series C, NYC-based startup in our fourth year. General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, data, business, and design. Headquartered in New York, we offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets. In addition, we partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital literacy and collaborative approaches to the modern workplace.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to teach our brand new full time class:
Our Data Science Immersive course is a life-changing educational experience where students leave with the skills and mindset to take on new careers in a wide variety of Data Science roles. We are looking for an instructor to spearhead their transformation by leading General Assembly’s Data Science Immersive course.
Why Teach the Data Science Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by doing what you know and love, this is the position for you. Through this unparalleled opportunity, you will:
- Deepen your own skills by guiding students through a rigorous journey where they begin as driven novices and leave as empowered data analysts and scientists
- Contribute your own expertise to a deep and broad global curriculum maintained by a team of talented data science instructors across multiple industries
- Facilitate a supportive and energetic community that lasts well beyond the course
- Hone your own leadership skills by working with an instructional team and classroom community
As a DSI instructor you will not only impact the careers of your own students, but you’ll also have a unique opportunity to shape the potential of students on a global scale through contributions to our global curriculum.
Who are we?
General Assembly is a venture-backed, NYC-based startup focusing on education for individuals and enterprises in the areas of data, technology, business, and design. We currently have classrooms in over 15 cities across 4 continents, with tens of thousands of students coming through our doors.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must Haves:
- You have at least 2+ years of professional data science experience.
- You are an expert in SQL, Python, and related Python libraries (pandas, numpy).
- You have domain expertise in statistics, mathematics, and probability.
- You can build and apply statistical models in python using machine learning libraries, such as scikit-learn and statsmodels.
- You have a deep understanding of statistical hypothesis testing and experimental design, data visualization techniques and tools (i.e. matplotlib, bokeh, etc), and manipulation of large data sets.
- You can demonstrate and explain the function of machine learning algorithms such as regularized regression, naive bayes, decision trees, ensemble methods, KNN, K-means clustering, and neural networks.
- You are the person your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of data scientists.
- Nice to haves:
- You have proficiency with NLP python libraries such as NLTK; Hadoop or Apache Spark; D3.js or R.
- You are on top of industry trends in big data, machine learning, deep learning, and AI.
- You have previous data science or engineering teaching experience, through a course, workshop, team training, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan and implement a 12-week curriculum in conjunction with baseline materials and your local instructional team.
- Deliver instruction 5 days a week, including teaching, advising, and content development.
- Work closely with your instructional team to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
- Collaborate alongside GA staff in order to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through the development of real world projects that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning complex subjects.
- Contribute to the material and direction of an expanding global curriculum, ensuring the course remains cutting-edge and effective for students worldwide.
About General Assembly
Who We Are General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love. What began as a co-working space in 2011 has since grown into a global learning experience with campuses in 20 cities and over 35,000 graduates worldwide. As individuals and companies struggle to compete in an increasingly technological economy, General Assembly provides award-winning, dynamic training to close the global skills gap.
Want to learn more about General Assembly? Visit General Assembly's website.
Jobs You May Like
Enterprise Technical Support - Bilingual German
Materials Laboratory Technician
Markforged, Watertown, MA
Software Engineering Intern
Blue State Digital, BOS
Senior Software Engineer, Data & Analytics
Indigo, Boston, MA
Test Engineer - Desktop Modeler