Lead iOS Immersive Instructor
General Assembly, San Francisco, CA
The world evolves at the speed of tech. You and your business should, too.
iOS Development Immersive Instructor
at General Assembly (View all jobs)
Recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world, General Assembly is a venture backed, post Series C, NYC-based startup in our fourth year. General Assembly transforms creators into thinkers through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Singapore, Seattle, Melbourne and Washington DC.. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration.
We are looking for an iOS Developer to teach our brand new full time class:
Our iOS Development Immersive course is a brand-new, life-changing educational experience where students leave with the skills and mindsets to take on new careers as iOS developers. We are looking for an instructor to spearhead this transformation through leading General Assembly’s iOS Development Immersive course.
Why Teach the iOS Development Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by doing what you know and love, this is the position for you. Through this unparalleled opportunity, you will:
- Deepen your own dev skills by guiding students through a rigorous journey where they begin as driven novices and leave as empowered developers
- Facilitate a supportive and energetic community that lasts well beyond the course
- Hone your own leadership skills by working with an instructional team and classroom community
Who are we?
General Assembly is a venture-backed, NYC-based startup focusing on education for individuals and enterprises in the areas of technology, design, and entrepreneurship. We currently have physical classrooms in 15 cities across 4 continents, with tens of thousands of students coming through our doors.
The program will be primarily focus on building high performance iOS applications and deploying them to the App store.
Skills and Qualifications
You have at least 3+ years of professional iOS development experience. Web development experience is a plus.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of iOS developers.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You have at least one iOS app in the App Store.
- You have fluency in the following topics: Swift, Objective-C, iOS SDK, Xcode, JSON/REST APIs, Core Data and SQLite, git and GitHub, Mobile Interaction Design and Apple’s Design Guidelines, and the App Store submission process.
- You are on top of mobile trends and love explaining architecture
- You have previous iOS development or engineering teaching experience, through a course, team training, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
- 2 weeks of planning and curriculum development followed by 12 full work weeks (5 days a week) of teaching, planning and content development.
- Work closely with co-instructors to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
- Work alongside GA staff in order to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through the development of stellar projects that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of turning their ideas into actual iOS apps.
About General Assembly
Who We Are General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love. What began as a co-working space in 2011 has since grown into a global learning experience with campuses in 20 cities and over 35,000 graduates worldwide. As individuals and companies struggle to compete in an increasingly technological economy, General Assembly provides award-winning, dynamic training to close the global skills gap.
Want to learn more about General Assembly? Visit General Assembly's website.
Jobs You May Like
Agile Practice Lead - Software Development
Pivotal Software, Anywhere in the USA
DroneDeploy, San Francisco or Remote (Warm location, good flying weather)
Site Reliability Engineer, Core
Pinterest, San Francisco
Software Engineering Intern - Summer 2018 - Krakow
Qualtrics , Krakow
Software Engineer, Marketplace
XO Group, New York
Full Stack Java Instructor
General Assembly, New York, NY