General Assembly, Seattle, WA
The world evolves at the speed of tech. You and your business should, too.
Voted #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company by Fast Company in 2015, General Assembly is a venture-backed, post-Series D startup based in New York City. We transform thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. For individuals, we offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events at international campuses and online; for Fortune 500 companies, we offer training programs and partnerships that spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective methods of collaboration.
We are seeking a driven, sales professional to join our Inside Sales Team. Sales at General Assembly involves dealing only with interested parties – we do not cold call or prospect. Your role at General Assembly is crucial as the Inside Sales Team is responsible for ensuring each potential student understands what it takes to be successful in a General Assembly course. Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for driving revenue that allows GA to continue to grow, scale, change lives.
Working on the Inside Sales Team at General Assembly is the perfect medium between making money and serving others. We’re a mission-driven company, looking for people who are hungry to work hard, make a difference, and grow within our organization. Our teams are rapidly expanding and growth opportunities are abundant for those who are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and be a leader.
If you’re competitive, compassionate, hungry to grow professionally, and ready to change lives, General Assembly is the place for you.
- Proactively manage and respond to a high volume of prospective students and businesses efficiently
- Own targets and manage a robust sales pipeline; build and cultivate relationships on an ongoing basis to drive results
- Interview prospective students to ensure that their qualifications and interests are a match for our programs
- Work with local businesses to develop enrollment partnerships by conveying the value of investing in their employees
- Comfort in managing pipeline through Salesforce
- Host and lead in-person info sessions to convert sales
- 1-2 years proven experience in consultative sales, consumer sales, enterprise sales/partnerships, admissions or recruiting.
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Competitive personality ideal
- Exceptional closing skills while still remaining welcoming, understanding, and empathetic
- Goal-oriented with experience exceeding quotas and driving for results in a target-driven environment
- Able to think on your feet, try new approaches and bounce back when things don’t go your way
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to influence others internally and externally
- Ability to tie an individual’s wants and needs into a logical solution
- Confidence pitching to in both 1:1 and 1:many situations
General Assembly is a licensed school in all states that we operate in, and some states require inside sales associates to be licensed to recruit or enroll students. If hired, you will be required to submit and be approved as a sales agent in relevant states. Directions for becoming licensed will be shared with you during onboarding. Licensure requirements vary by state, but you may be required to answer questions pertaining to moral character, professional conduct, education, and work history. General Assembly will pay for all licensing fees.
About General Assembly
Who We Are General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love. What began as a co-working space in 2011 has since grown into a global learning experience with campuses in 20 cities and over 35,000 graduates worldwide. As individuals and companies struggle to compete in an increasingly technological economy, General Assembly provides award-winning, dynamic training to close the global skills gap.
Want to learn more about General Assembly? Visit General Assembly's website.
Jobs You May Like
Science Teacher - 2018-2019 School Year
Summit Public Schools, California Bay Area
Recruiter, Corporate and Engineering (Contract)
Blue Bottle Coffee, Oakland, CA
Permanent Substitute Teacher (Available 2018-2019)
Public Preparatory Network, Bronx, NY
Acquia, Pune, India
English Teacher 2018-2019 SY
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools, Los Angeles, CA
Iterable, San Francisco, CA