Part-time Data Science Instructor
General Assembly, Seattle
The world evolves at the speed of tech. You and your business should, too.
Data Science Instructor Overview
In this 11-week course, students will receive a practical introduction to the interdisciplinary ﬁeld of data science and machine learning, which is at the intersection of computer science, statistics, and business. We are looking for an instructor to lead this transformative experience through General Assembly’s part-time Data Science course.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Teach two 3-hour classes per week, for 11 weeks
• Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
• Guide students through development of a stellar final project that allows students to use large data sets to solve a business problem, create predictions, and make business decisions for improving a product.
• Adapt pre-built GA curriculum and lesson-plans to reflect industry trends and offer personal insights
• Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
• Assist students outside of class as necessary.
• You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of data scientists.
• You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
• You have at least 2 years of industry experience with data science (prior teaching experience a plus)
• You have fluency in the following topics: Python, Machine Learning, Probability, Statistics, manipulation of large data sets, data visualization techniques.
Who We Are
General Assembly is a venture-backed, NYC-based startup focusing on education for individuals and enterprises in the areas of technology, design, and entrepreneurship. We currently have physical classrooms in 8 cities across 4 continents, with tens of thousands of students coming through our doors.
About General Assembly
Who We Are General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love. What began as a co-working space in 2011 has since grown into a global learning experience with campuses in 20 cities and over 35,000 graduates worldwide. As individuals and companies struggle to compete in an increasingly technological economy, General Assembly provides award-winning, dynamic training to close the global skills gap.
Want to learn more about General Assembly? Visit General Assembly's website.
Jobs You May Like
Market Intelligence Internship
Genscape, Boston Office
Microbial Assay Development Scientist
The Sourcery, Ascus Biosciences
Data Science Instructor
General Assembly, Denver
Senior Account Executive - Microsoft Solutions
Catapult Systems, Houston, TX
Senior Data Scientist (Machine Learning)
First Orion Corp., Little Rock, Arkansas
Software Engineer - Graph Data
Kensho, Cambridge, MA