Part Time Visual Design Instructor
General Assembly, Melbourne
The world evolves at the speed of tech. You and your business should, too.
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
VISUAL DESIGN INSTRUCTOR
At the end of this 8-week part-time course, students will be able apply color, layout, and typography skills to design a single-scrolling product landing page from scratch that can be used to kick off a design portfolio. Students will also be able to present, defend, and critique their design decisions and create a process presentation deck that shows how their design evolved from rough sketches all the way through to a completed, polished design.
We are looking for instructors to lead this transformative experience through General Assembly’s part-time Visual Design course.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You have a passion for design and an eagerness to mentor and elevate other creative people.
- You have a diverse visual design portfolio representing work conducted for various different platforms & devices.
- You have at least 5 years designing outstanding web-based products.
- You have fluency in all of the following areas:
- Creating visually engaging and innovative web-based and mobile products
- Cultivating bonds between customers and brands
- Weaving together typography, color, imagery, and iconography to create products that are both beautiful and easy-to-use
- Communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Teach 2 hours per evening, 2 days a week, for 8 weeks.
- Instructors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing lessons and materials, leveraging existing GA curriculum content.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning a new suite of skills
About General Assembly
Who We Are General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love. What began as a co-working space in 2011 has since grown into a global learning experience with campuses in 20 cities and over 35,000 graduates worldwide. As individuals and companies struggle to compete in an increasingly technological economy, General Assembly provides award-winning, dynamic training to close the global skills gap.
Want to learn more about General Assembly? Visit General Assembly's website.
Jobs You May Like
Marketing Designer, Shipping Services
Shopify, Ottawa, Canada
Senior/Principal Product Designer
Evernote, Redwood City, CA
Assistant CAD Designer
Bonobos, New York, NY
Support Engineer, Tier 2 Support (UK, NL, or IRL)
InVisionApp, United Kingdom, Netherlands, or Ireland (Remote)