General Assembly, San Francisco
The world evolves at the speed of tech. You and your business should, too.
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly offers a variety of 8-12 week part-time courses in business,technology and design, which aim to help students level-up in their careers, or explore a new field. Instructional Associates are key members of the instructional team; they support student learning and track student progress during the transformative and challenging experience at General Assembly. We are looking for Instructional Associates who are experts in the following subjects:
- Back-End Web Development
- Data Science
- Digital Marketing
- Front-End Web Development
- Mobile Development (iOS)
- Product Management
- User Experience Design
- Visual Design
Please note: IAs are hired on a rolling basis. Please submit an application, and a GA producer will reach out when there is an open position for one of our upcoming classes.
Skills and Qualifications:
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of eager General Assembly Students.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You have at least one year of experience in the content area you are applying to IA for.
- You have a deep understanding of the topics covered in the course. (See the topics outlined for each course here.)
- Nice to have: Prior experience as a IA, tutor or mentor.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be present and engaged in every class session.
- Hold weekly office hours. Help students with homework and projects, and provide remediation to students who are falling behind.
- Provide feedback on student homework and projects.
- Mentor students, drawing from your own experience. You have the ability to put yourself in the students’ shoes and understand the stress and workload they are experiencing. Use this advantage to both encourage students and be there when they need emotional support.
- Stay in touch with instructors and GA staff. Work alongside the rest of the team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students. Provide them with feedback on how the students are doing, what troubles the students are having, and which students might need additional coaching or are having a difficult time.
- Stay up to date with the class work. This involves being prepared with knowledge of the homework and which topics are currently relevant. If need be, create extra resources and materials to enhance the learning experience.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community. Encourage student participation and student collaboration.
General Assembly is a licensed school in all states that we operate in, and some states require instructors to be licensed to teach. If hired, you will be required to submit and be approved as an instructor in relevant states. Directions for becoming licensed will be shared with you during onboarding. Licensure requirements vary by state, but you may be required to provide academic transcripts and to answer questions pertaining to moral character, professional conduct, education, and work history. General Assembly will pay for all licensing fees.
About General Assembly
Who We Are General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love. What began as a co-working space in 2011 has since grown into a global learning experience with campuses in 20 cities and over 35,000 graduates worldwide. As individuals and companies struggle to compete in an increasingly technological economy, General Assembly provides award-winning, dynamic training to close the global skills gap.
Want to learn more about General Assembly? Visit General Assembly's website.
Jobs You May Like
Talent Partnerships Manager
Andela, Lagos, Nigeria, Nairobi, Kenya
HRIS Workday Specialist
Doctolib, Paris, France
Workfront, Lehi, Utah, US
General Assembly, New York
Senior Technical Sourcer
Juniper Square, San Francisco, CA
Nextdoor, San Francisco, CA