General Assembly, Denver, CO
The world evolves at the speed of tech. You and your business should, too.
General Assembly (GA) is a global educational company. Focusing on the most relevant and in demand skills across data, design, business and technology, General Assembly is empowering a global community to pursue work they love through best-in-class instruction and access to opportunities. GA works with students online and in person across 15 campuses around the world and thousands of companies as partners in course development and graduate placement as well as through GA’s corporate training and development business. Additionally, GA’s focus on affordable and accessible education combined with our education-to-employment approach is helping to create a diverse talent pipeline.
In this immersive educational experience, students engage in the user experience process, developing the skills and portfolio of a junior practitioner. We are looking for instructors to lead this transformative experience through General Assembly’s User Experience Design Immersive course.
Why Teach the User Experience Design Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by doing what you know and love, this is the position for you. Through this unparalleled opportunity, you will:
- Deepen your own design skills by guiding students through a rigorous journey where they begin as driven novices and leave as empowered designers
- Facilitate a supportive and energetic community that lasts well beyond the course
- Challenge students to think strategically as they turn their ideas into real user experience solutions
- Hone your own leadership skills by working with an instructional team and classroom community
- Join a global community of best-in-class practitioners teaching with General Assembly and have access to a variety of opportunities to contribute as a subject matter expert in your field
Skills and Qualifications
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of user experience designers.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are looking for guidance.
- You have 2-5+ years of experience working in user experience design.
- You have fluency in some or all of the following topics: the UX Process, User Research and Personas, Usability Testing, UX Analysis, Information Architecture, Interface Design, Wireframing, Prototyping, Analytics and Optimization, Mobile UX, and/or HTML/CSS.
- You have previous user experience design teaching experience, through a course, team training, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach eight hours a day, five days a week, for 10 weeks.
- Instructors will need to commit 10 - 20 hours a week to working with us on curriculum/preparing to teach.
- Work closely with two – three co-instructors or teaching assistants to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of solving user experience design problems.
- Directing Others
- Technical Skills in UX Design
- Motivating Others
- Presentation Skills
- Time Management
- Managing Diversity
General Assembly is a licensed school in all states that we operate in, and some states require instructors to be licensed to teach. If hired, you will be required to submit and be approved as an instructor in relevant states. Directions for becoming licensed will be shared with you during onboarding. Licensure requirements vary by state, but you may be required to provide academic transcripts and to answer questions pertaining to moral character, professional conduct, education, and work history. General Assembly will pay for all licensing fees.
About General Assembly
Who We Are General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love. What began as a co-working space in 2011 has since grown into a global learning experience with campuses in 20 cities and over 35,000 graduates worldwide. As individuals and companies struggle to compete in an increasingly technological economy, General Assembly provides award-winning, dynamic training to close the global skills gap.
Want to learn more about General Assembly? Visit General Assembly's website.
Jobs You May Like
UX Writer (m/f)
Endurance International Group, Provo, UT
Business Designer - Nairobi
IDEO.org, Nairobi, Kenya
Senior UX Designer - Cloud Foundry
Pivotal Software, London, United Kingdom
Localization Operations Manager
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
User Interface (UI) Designer
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA