General Assembly, San Francisco, CA
The world evolves at the speed of tech. You and your business should, too.
Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The goal of the Associate Career Coach is to ensure students are supported as they start to think about their next professional steps and graduates are prepared and confident in their job search. The role of the Associate Career Coach is to help strike a balance of supporting students to meet their obligations of becoming a qualified job seeker, helping plan programs and deliver content, and ensuring that graduates are empowered to find jobs in a timely manner, as well as find roles that they are passionate about.
- Actively pursue professional development opportunities, internally and externally, in an effort to grasp and develop a clear coaching vision, deliberate and methodical career coaching approach, and an overall coaching foundation
- Work with the local career coaches to serve as an example of career coaching excellence at General Assembly, both internally and externally
- Acts as a first point of contact to answer questions, communicate expectations and announcements, and general overall support for students and job seekers. Over time, is willing to manage their own pipeline of students and graduates through scalable and innovative programming initiatives, one-on-ones, and employer engagement
- Proactively responds to students and job seeker needs to identify challenges and mitigate areas of struggle and work with career coaches to develop cohesive and intentional action plans
- Has a good understanding of the local tech scene and works to incorporate this community into local Outcomes programming initiatives
- Drive and impact Outcomes results by effectively serving as an accountability and thought partner to students and local career coaches
Core Coaching Responsibilities
- Coach & Counselor - Work with career coaches to ensure all job-seeking students & graduates have a smooth transition from the classroom to job seeking and that they feel supported during this process. Reduce anxiety for students & graduates around their job search through clear communication. Help students identify their personal goals to best impact their job search & educational experience.
- Content Delivery - Educate students & graduates of immersive programs on skills needed to perform an effective job search. Assist with leading both recurring one-on-one and classroom based programming and may, over time, own their own caseload and cohorts
- Content Creation - Work with teams at GA that are responsible for curriculum to highlight updates as needed and create new student-facing resources.
- Internal Team Connector - Utilize and coordinate with GA community resources as needed to acquire additional educational opportunities (mock technical interviews, project feedback, etc.)
- Risk Management - Track student progress and highlight to teammates and stakeholders when a student isn’t doing well or falling out of communication. Also, ensure that we’re putting quality, qualified grads into our community.
- Motivating Others
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Creativity & Innovation Management
- Presentation Skills
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Managing and Measuring Work
About General Assembly
Who We Are General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love. What began as a co-working space in 2011 has since grown into a global learning experience with campuses in 20 cities and over 35,000 graduates worldwide. As individuals and companies struggle to compete in an increasingly technological economy, General Assembly provides award-winning, dynamic training to close the global skills gap.
Want to learn more about General Assembly? Visit General Assembly's website.
Jobs You May Like
Reporting Analyst, Digital Advertising Sales
DraftKings, New York, NY