Consumer Collections Specialist
General Assembly, New York, NY, United States
The world evolves at the speed of tech. You and your business should, too.
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are looking for a competent Consumer Collections Specialist to join our team. This position is an integral part of the Finance team, reporting to the Manager, Billing and Collections. The Collections Specialist has responsibility for working with students on all collections issues in a professional and courteous way. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, experience with student collections, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Monitor outstanding consumer accounts
- Enforce collection policies and procedures, including effective internal controls.
- Improve collection processes, controls, and timeliness of reporting.
- Investigate historical data for an individual student’s debt
- Review and perform student account reconciliations to provide timely status updates.
- Conduct student outreach on outstanding payments
- Assess overall collection approach to continuously streamline collections.
- Maintain good relations with students, employers, etc.
- Encourage timely payments
- Initiate conversations with Student Services to ensure appropriate payment terms with students are met.
- Negotiate and accommodate student needs when adjusting payment terms.
- Process payments and refunds
- Update account status records and collection trackers
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day accounts receivable aging providing analysis by aged buckets, metro, payment type, financing options.
- Reporting, Modeling and Support
- Support development of forecasts analyses and updates related to AR and cash business cycles.
- Monitor operational KPI performance metrics and dashboarding.
- 1+ years of experience as a Collection Specialist or similar role
- Knowledge of billing processes and variety of collection techniques
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and database
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and ability to assimilate easily into teams
- Skilled in negotiations
- High energy with commitment to quality client service
- Associate/Bachelor's degree
- Proactive problem solver
- Process oriented
- Patient and ability to manage stress
- Relationship builder
- You are hands-on and not afraid to dive into the details.
- You are a concise and clear communicator
- You are comfortable with new concepts and complexity; You are described as determined, capable, and agile.
- You establish and maintain strong relationships with GA students.
- You communicate with empathy; you work with students to provide them with an opportunity to pay back on terms that work for both parties.
- You have a service mindset.
About General Assembly
Who We Are General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love. What began as a co-working space in 2011 has since grown into a global learning experience with campuses in 20 cities and over 35,000 graduates worldwide. As individuals and companies struggle to compete in an increasingly technological economy, General Assembly provides award-winning, dynamic training to close the global skills gap.
Want to learn more about General Assembly? Visit General Assembly's website.
Jobs You May Like
Endurance International Group, Fort Collins, CO
Sr. BI Reporting Analyst
Hortonworks, Santa Clara, CA
Venture Partner, Investment Management
Omidyar Network, Redwood City, CA
Senior Manager, FP&A
LendUp, San Francisco, CA
Fulfillment Expert - Burlingame (Part Time)
Enjoy, Burlingame, CA
SimilarWeb, Tel Aviv