General Assembly, Washington DC
The world evolves at the speed of tech. You and your business should, too.
Recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world, General Assembly is a venture backed, post Series C, NYC-based startup in our fourth year. General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Melbourne and Washington DC.. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration.
We're looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated, sales-minded individuals to join our internal sales team. This Admissions Opener is the first point of contact for all prospective students and is the first impression of our global brand. Our process is highly conversational and consultative, requiring someone that is quick on their feet and driven by a passion for helping others. This entry-level position is a great launching point into the Admissions team at General Assembly. There's no better way to learn about our business than to speak with potential students and help them navigate a major, life-changing decision to further their education.
This position is based at our Washington, DC campus, where you’ll be an integral part of our fast-paced Admissions team. This is a part-time, hourly position working up to 30 hours/week, Monday-Friday. This position is a great launching point into a full-time position within our sales org!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as the first point of contact for students interested in General Assembly to understand their interest and ensure they are pointed in the right direction
- Responding rapidly to all student inquiries - the best time to reach students is the moment they tell us they are interested
- Outbound dials to interested students that filled out requests for more information
- Respond to inbound emails from interested students
- Maintaining an upbeat, personable attitude and creating a helpful experience for all potential students, while speaking with a high volume of students each day
- Routing potential students to appropriate Admissions team members, documenting student information in our internal database
- Thinking on your feet to devise creative solutions to any and all problems that arise, going back to school is a serious decision and students often need help navigating their path
- Assisting current and prospective students with questions about General Assembly and upcoming workshops, courses and immersive opportunities
- Other responsibilities as needed
- 0-2+ years experience in customer service or sales position is preferred
- You have stellar written and verbal communication skills – you never shy away from a conversation
- You are passionate about education, technology and the GA mission - empowering students to pursue the work they love!
- You are detail-oriented and organized
- Great work ethic
- Customer focus
- Interpersonal savvy
- Great Active Listening Skills
- Competency with Salesforce ideal (or other CRM systems)
- Written and verbal communication
- Timely decision-making
- Willingness to learn and be coached
About General Assembly
Who We Are General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love. What began as a co-working space in 2011 has since grown into a global learning experience with campuses in 20 cities and over 35,000 graduates worldwide. As individuals and companies struggle to compete in an increasingly technological economy, General Assembly provides award-winning, dynamic training to close the global skills gap.