Junior Web Development Instructor
General Assembly, Austin
The world evolves at the speed of tech. You and your business should, too.
General Assembly (GA) is a global educational company. Focusing on the most relevant and in demand skills across data, design, business and technology, General Assembly is empowering a global community to pursue work they love through best-in-class instruction and access to opportunities. GA works with students online and in person across 15 campuses around the world and thousands of companies as partners in course development and graduate placement as well as through GA’s corporate training and development business. Additionally, GA’s focus on affordable and accessible education combined with our education-to-employment approach is helping to create a diverse talent pipeline.
We are looking for full-time instructors:
Why Teach the Web Development Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by doing what you know and love, this is the position for you. Through this unparalleled opportunity, you will:
- Deepen your own skills by guiding students through a rigorous journey where they begin as driven novices and leave as empowered software engineers
- Facilitate a supportive and energetic community that lasts well beyond the course
- Hone your own leadership skills by working with an instructional team and classroom community
Who are we?
General Assembly is a venture-backed, NYC-based startup focusing on education for individuals and enterprises in the areas of technology, design, and entrepreneurship. We currently have physical classrooms in 14 cities across 4 continents, with tens of thousands of students coming through our doors.
Skills and Qualifications
You have 6 months or more professional experience as a web developer or have been an IA for the GA WDI program at least 1-2 cohorts.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of data scientists.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You are comfortable with technology and operations- if there are bugs or tech issues, you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and jump into fix them
- You are a natural networker and have connections to the local tech and start-up scene in your city
- Must Haves:
- Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with Python
- You are on top of big data trends
- Work closely with your senior instructors to guide students through a rigorous, transformational journey towards apprenticeship as data scientists
- Become a better teacher, leader, and mentor as you learn from veteran instructors and our world-class instructional coaches
- Inspire and support students as they identify their passions and drive their own continued learning beyond the curriculum.
- Adapt our global curriculum and use it to guide your teaching, building your own lesson plans as needed and contributing back your lessons learned over time.
- Facilitate a safe, supportive, and energetic community that welcomes the various needs and learning styles of your students.
- Provide on-going feedback and mentorship for students in the program
Responsibilities and Duties
- 2 weeks of planning and training followed by 12 full work weeks (5 days a week) of teaching, planning and content development.
- Provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
- Work alongside GA staff in order to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Be the point of contact locally for the students and manage local day to day operations for your classroom/location.
- Leveraging contacts in your local tech community to further enrich the student experience, including but not limited to using local examples during lessons and possibly arranging site visits or guest speakers.
- Guide students through the development of stellar projects that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Assist with student outcomes and facilitating local meet and hires for students.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning complex subjects.
General Assembly is a licensed school in all states that we operate in, and some states require instructors to be licensed to teach. If hired, you will be required to submit and be approved as an instructor in relevant states. Directions for becoming licensed will be shared with you during onboarding. Licensure requirements vary by state, but you may be required to provide academic transcripts and to answer questions pertaining to moral character, professional conduct, education, and work history. General Assembly will pay for all licensing fees.
About General Assembly
Who We Are General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love. What began as a co-working space in 2011 has since grown into a global learning experience with campuses in 20 cities and over 35,000 graduates worldwide. As individuals and companies struggle to compete in an increasingly technological economy, General Assembly provides award-winning, dynamic training to close the global skills gap.
Want to learn more about General Assembly? Visit General Assembly's website.
Jobs You May Like
Electrical Test Engineer
Zoox, San Carlos, CA
Senior Product QA Engineer - Messaging Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Test Analyst - Mobile Apps
Melbourne IT, Brisbane
Staff Electrical Engineer, Power Electronics
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Aptoide, Lisbon, Portugal
Senior Software Engineer - C++
Discord, 444 De Haro St