Instructional Associate - Data Science Immersive (Full-time Contract)
General Assembly, Sydney
The world evolves at the speed of tech. You and your business should, too.
Recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world, General Assembly is a venture-backed, post-Series C, NYC-based startup in our fourth year. General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Melbourne, and Washington DC. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration.
We are looking for a Data Science Teaching Assistant:
Our full time immersive courses (Data Science, Web Development and User Experience Design immersive) are life-changing educational experiences where our students learn the skills and mindsets to take on new careers. We are looking for Teaching Assistants to play a role on our growing instructional team for our Data Science Immersive.
Why be a Teaching Assistant?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by sharing your love for data science with the next generation of developers, analysts, and data scientists we’d love for you to consider joining our team. We deliver more than just skills training, and are looking for people who share our vision for a community of lifelong learners pursuing work that they love. As a Teaching Assistant for our flagship full-time immersive programs, you will join us on our Sydney campus to:
- Work closely with one or more Lead Instructors to guide students through a rigorous, transformational journey towards apprenticeships and entry level roles.
- Become a better leader, and mentor as you learn from veteran instructors and our world-class instructional coaches.
- Inspire and support students as they identify their passions and drive their own continued learning beyond the curriculum.
- Facilitate a safe, supportive, and energetic community that welcomes the various needs and learning styles of your students.
Skills and Qualifications (Data Science TA)
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and careers of the newest generation of web developers.
- You have experience working on a software development team.
- Must have at least 2 years relevant work experience
- NOTE: This role is based in Sydney, Australia. Please ensure you have the right to work in Australia before applying.
Nice to have:
- Big Data
About General Assembly
Who We Are General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love. What began as a co-working space in 2011 has since grown into a global learning experience with campuses in 20 cities and over 35,000 graduates worldwide. As individuals and companies struggle to compete in an increasingly technological economy, General Assembly provides award-winning, dynamic training to close the global skills gap.
Want to learn more about General Assembly? Visit General Assembly's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Scripted Programming
First Look Media, New York, NY
Software Engineer - Greenplum Database - NYC
Pivotal Software, New York, NY
Part Time Data Science Instructor
General Assembly, Orange County
Content Strategist - Education
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Palo Alto
Snap Inc., Los Angeles - Seattle - San Francisco - New York
Senior Data Engineer
metromile, San Francisco, CA