Instructional Associate - Data Science Immersive (Full-time Contract)
General Assembly, Sydney
The world evolves at the speed of tech. You and your business should, too.
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are looking for a Data Science Teaching Assistant:
Our full time immersive courses (Data Science, Web Development and User Experience Design immersive) are life-changing educational experiences where our students learn the skills and mindsets to take on new careers. We are looking for Teaching Assistants to play a role on our growing instructional team for our Data Science Immersive.
Why be a Teaching Assistant?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by sharing your love for data science with the next generation of developers, analysts, and data scientists we’d love for you to consider joining our team. We deliver more than just skills training, and are looking for people who share our vision for a community of lifelong learners pursuing work that they love. As a Teaching Assistant for our flagship full-time immersive programs, you will join us on our Sydney campus to:
- Work closely with one or more Lead Instructors to guide students through a rigorous, transformational journey towards apprenticeships and entry level roles.
- Become a better leader, and mentor as you learn from veteran instructors and our world-class instructional coaches.
- Inspire and support students as they identify their passions and drive their own continued learning beyond the curriculum.
- Facilitate a safe, supportive, and energetic community that welcomes the various needs and learning styles of your students.
Skills and Qualifications (Data Science TA)
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and careers of the newest generation of web developers.
- You have experience working on a software development team.
- Must have at least 2 years relevant work experience
- NOTE: This role is based in Sydney, Australia. Please ensure you have the right to work in Australia before applying.
Nice to have:
- Big Data
About General Assembly
Who We Are General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love. What began as a co-working space in 2011 has since grown into a global learning experience with campuses in 20 cities and over 35,000 graduates worldwide. As individuals and companies struggle to compete in an increasingly technological economy, General Assembly provides award-winning, dynamic training to close the global skills gap.
Want to learn more about General Assembly? Visit General Assembly's website.
Jobs You May Like
Natural Language Processing Engineer, Linguistic Tools
Etsy, San Francisco
Ads Measurement Lead (CPG)
Pinterest, New York
Senior Analytics Engineer - Customer Service
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Staff SRE, Data Infrastructure
Box, Redwood City, CA
Marketing Campaign & Product Integrity Analyst
BounceX, New York