Instructor - Part Time Data Analytics
General Assembly, Sydney
The world evolves at the speed of tech. You and your business should, too.
In this 10-week or 6-week accelerated course, students learn and practice turning messy real-world datasets into actionable, data-driven insights they can communicate, using Excel, SQL and Tableau as the primary tools for analysis.
We are looking for an experienced data analyst to lead this transformative experience as instructor for General Assembly's part-time Data Analytics course.
Skills and Qualifications
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of data analysts.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You have at least 5 years of industry experience with data analytics.
- You have fluency with Excel, SQL and Tableau, and in your role you’ve been responsible for cleaning messy data, analyzing the data and presenting your data based insights.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach 2 hours per evening, 2 days a week, for 10 weeks, or 8 hours per day, 1 day per week, for 6 weeks.
- Prepare lessons and materials, leveraging existing GA curriculum content for several hours per week.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning a new suite of skills
Who are we?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world.
Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning.
More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognised as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
About General Assembly
Who We Are General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love. What began as a co-working space in 2011 has since grown into a global learning experience with campuses in 20 cities and over 35,000 graduates worldwide. As individuals and companies struggle to compete in an increasingly technological economy, General Assembly provides award-winning, dynamic training to close the global skills gap.
Want to learn more about General Assembly? Visit General Assembly's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Data Scientist - Health Data Platform
Human API, San Mateo
JUMO, Cape Town, South Africa
Lead Data Science Instructor, Principal Data Scientist
Galvanize, San Francisco
Lead Application Security Engineer
MyFitnessPal, Baltimore, MD
Sr. Data Scientist
Lumosity, San Francisco
Principal Data Scientist
Instacart, San Francisco