Part Time Data Analytics Instructor
General Assembly, Boston
The world evolves at the speed of tech. You and your business should, too.
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas and the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
In this 10-week part-time course, students learn and practice turning messy real-world datasets into actionable, data-driven insights they can communicate. We will be using Excel, SQL and Tableau as the primary tools for analysis. We are looking for an instructor to lead this part-time Analytics course (see course page). Though we provide a core curriculum along with instructor resources, you will have the opportunity to implement your ideas by adapting our materials as one of the course’s first instructors.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You have strong experience using the following tools: Excel, SQL and Tableau.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of eager General Assembly students.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You have at least 5 years of work experience in a role where you’ve been responsible for cleaning messy data, analyzing the data and presenting your data based insights.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Teach 2 hours per evening, 2 days a week, for 10 weeks.
- Instructors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing lessons and materials, leveraging existing GA curriculum content.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning a new suite of skills
General Assembly is a licensed school in the state of Massachusetts and all instructors are required to be licensed by the State. To work for GA, you must submit an application to the State before your first day. The directions on how to become a licensed instructor will be shared with you if an offer is made.
About General Assembly
Who We Are General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love. What began as a co-working space in 2011 has since grown into a global learning experience with campuses in 20 cities and over 35,000 graduates worldwide. As individuals and companies struggle to compete in an increasingly technological economy, General Assembly provides award-winning, dynamic training to close the global skills gap.
Want to learn more about General Assembly? Visit General Assembly's website.
Jobs You May Like
Quantitative Researcher - High Frequency Trading
Domeyard LP, Boston, MA
Peloton, New York, New York
Data Verification Intern
First Orion Corp., Little Rock, Arkansas
Dropbox, Seattle, WA
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Associate, Vendor Oversight
Oscar, New York, NY