Part Time Data Science Instructor
General Assembly, San Francisco
The world evolves at the speed of tech. You and your business should, too.
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas and the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Teach two 3-hour classes per week, for 11 weeks
- Instructors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing lessons and materials, leveraging existing GA curriculum content.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning a new suite of skills
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of data scientists.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You have at least 2 years of industry experience with data science (prior teaching experience a plus)
- You have fluency in most of the following topics: Probability, Statistics; Python (other scripting languages such as R a plus); AWS, EMR, MapReduce and/or Hadoop; Manipulation of large data sets; Data visualization techniques; Databases; Algorithms; Machine learning
General Assembly is a licensed school in all states that we operate in, and some states require instructors to be licensed to teach. If hired, you will be required to submit and be approved as an instructor in relevant states. Directions for becoming licensed will be shared with you during onboarding. Licensure requirements vary by state, but you may be required to provide academic transcripts and to answer questions pertaining to moral character, professional conduct, education, and work history. General Assembly will pay for all licensing fees.
San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About General Assembly
Who We Are General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love. What began as a co-working space in 2011 has since grown into a global learning experience with campuses in 20 cities and over 35,000 graduates worldwide. As individuals and companies struggle to compete in an increasingly technological economy, General Assembly provides award-winning, dynamic training to close the global skills gap.
Want to learn more about General Assembly? Visit General Assembly's website.
Jobs You May Like
Research Science Manager, Decision Science Products
Lyft, San Francisco
JUMO, Cape Town, South Africa
Scientist, Oncology, Target Validation
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA, USA
Senior Intelligence Analyst, Healthcare
CB Insights, New York
Senior Associate Scientist I, Stem Cell Research
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge
Business Systems Analyst - Workday Integrations
Yelp, San Francisco, CA