Learning Experience Architect
General Assembly, New York, NY, United States
The world evolves at the speed of tech. You and your business should, too.
WHO ARE WE?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Learning Experience Architect designs blended learning strategies for high-value clients, provides consultative product expertise to the sales process, and contributes to the ongoing discovery, development and delivery of scalable learning products for business. The ideal candidate is experienced in client management, passionate about educational programming and training, and familiar with corporate environments.
Development + Execution
- Leverage innovative instructional design methods to create engaging and outcomes-driven learning experiences.
- Source and partner with subject matter experts to design new content and customize existing content across digital fields to a given client’s context and industry.
- Guide and support junior team members to lead client interactions and engagements.
- Support Account Directors throughout the sales funnel by leading client working sessions to drill in on learning needs, and participating in the creation and review of proposals.
- Make product recommendations to achieve the client’s objectives, or advise and document conditions and constraints for when GA is not well suited to deliver.
- Establish consultative, advisory relationships with client stakeholders pre- and post-sale by sharing best practices on instructional design and acting as an internal subject matter expert.
Discovery + Strategy
- Lead need-analysis sessions with clients to scope and uncover organizational training needs or define learning objectives within identified areas of interest.
- Serve as a thought partner to clients in sharing ideas, discussing feedback, and aligning on learning objectives.
- Collaborate with the Product team to share client insights and inform product development across General Assembly.
- Based in New York, NY
- Results-oriented and "hands-on" approach
- Highly organized and able to work independently
- Able to travel within the U.S. for client work (up to 10-15% of time)
- Customer Focused
- Learning on the Fly
- Action Oriented
- Decision Quality and Problem Solving
- Motivating Others
About General Assembly
Who We Are General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love. What began as a co-working space in 2011 has since grown into a global learning experience with campuses in 20 cities and over 35,000 graduates worldwide. As individuals and companies struggle to compete in an increasingly technological economy, General Assembly provides award-winning, dynamic training to close the global skills gap.