Video Director / Editor
The world’s biggest collection of song lyrics and crowdsourced musical knowledge
Genius is searching for a Video Director / Editor to oversee the strategy and production of our video content. A fluency in music culture—particularly pop music and hip-hop—is essential.
Founded in 2009, Genius is a unique media company that’s powered by community, our in-house creative team, and the artists themselves. We serve music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com, Spotify, and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
- Direct, shoot and edit Verified, Deconstructed, IRL and more
- Pitch new video and franchise ideas
- Collaborate with video + content team and improve existing series
- 3+ years experience shooting documentary-style field production
- Experience shooting talent interviews in studio
- Experience recording voice over
- Diverse visual style with strong sense of composition
- Ability to quickly learn new production tools and news shooting styles
- Passion for editorially-driven, non-fiction filmmaking
- Technical competency with major digital video cameras
- Expert with Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
- Live experience (Facebook live or livestream)
- Journalistic background
- Past experience with new media outlet
Genius breaks down text with line-by-line annotations, added and edited by anyone in the world. It's your interactive guide to human culture.
Want to learn more about Genius? Visit http://genius.com/
Jobs You May Like
Jr. Social Video Fellow, Black Culture & Entertainment
BuzzFeed, New York
Product Content Strategist
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Motion Graphics Animator
Golden State Warriors, Warriors Executive Office
Specialist, Digital Assets and Delivery
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Freelance Tabletop Photographer (Kentucky)
Technical Writer - Contract
Mediamorph, New York