Regional VP of Sales, East Coast
Genius, Brooklyn, NY
The world’s biggest collection of song lyrics and crowdsourced musical knowledge
Genius is looking for our first Regional VP of Sales to lead the Genius sales efforts in our New York office.
The ideal candidate is a true hustler – ambitious, organized, and great at identifying and closing business across many categories – YOU MUST HAVE experience managing a digital sales process.
Genius is the perfect place for sellers that are interested in building something from the ground up. At our core, we’re a tech company, which means that we can leverage the strength of our engineering team (former Facebook, Google, Twitter, Tumblr, FourSquare engineers) to build custom advertising solutions that connect brands to our audience in an authentic way. Our team is small, we pay better than most, and there’s still a lot of equity on the table. If you’re sick of selling the same old editorial and video campaigns, drop us a line!
Genius began as a website for decoding rap lyrics and has since evolved into the internet's most comprehensive database of musical knowledge, with more than 60 million monthly unique visitors and tens of thousands of contributing users. Check out our recent article in The Wall Street Journal.
- Meet or exceed revenue goals on monthly/quarterly/annual basis across digital, mobile, video, branded content and experiential events.
- Build new and existing account relationships while prospecting and developing new accounts.
- Act as a liaison between Genius and advertiser on all brand advertising programs including branded content, advertorials, talent alignment, tech, events, social and mobile.
- Gather market and advertiser information through competitive magazines, websites as well as trade journals.
- Keep abreast of forthcoming marketing and editorial developments and special promotions to communicate with advertiser base.
- Prepare weekly sales pipeline reports.
- Managing and mentoring a team of Account Directors
- 6+ years of media sales experience meeting and/or exceeding quotas
- A bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Exceptional client relationship and communication skills
- Ability to work cross departmentally to ensure the success of client programs.
- “Win-Win” attitude with a hunger to meet and exceed goals
- Desire to work in fast-paced and deadline driven environment
Genius breaks down text with line-by-line annotations, added and edited by anyone in the world. It's your interactive guide to human culture.
Want to learn more about Genius? Visit http://genius.com/
Jobs You May Like
SaaS Sales Manager, Sports Illustrated Play
Time Inc., Detriot, MI
Strategic Account Manager - Canada
DoorDash, Toronto, Canada
Eventbrite, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Small Business (SMB) - Account Executive
Prezi, San Francisco
Optician, Capitol Hill
Warby Parker, Seattle, WA
SMB Partnerships Senior Associate
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA