The world’s biggest collection of song lyrics and crowdsourced musical knowledge
Genius is looking for a full-time Visual Designer in our New York office. The ideal candidate will bring the Genius Brand to life for users, employees and our audience.
We are dedicated to bringing sales and advertising to our product in a way that's tasteful and stays true to our brand, while continuing to explore and grow our voice and identity across several platforms.
To do this we need a talented designer who is versatile in the digital world, aware of design trends and capable of implementing them across different departments (editorial, tech, social media, marketing and video), excited to explore new approaches to traditional advertising, adept at building out designs for pitching new products, and ready to push Genius’ brand to the next level.
Founded in 2009, Genius is a unique media company that’s powered by community, our in-house creative team, and the artists themselves. We serve music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com, Spotify, and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
- Focus on the Genius identity while working with high-profile brands and clients
- Develop and iterate on the Genius brand
- Create unique design pieces that will support and improve the Genius voice
- Collaborate with sales, editorial, video, tech, events, social, and business development to conceptualize and realize work that serves as our external face to the world
- Collaborate with the development team to refine the product design and interactions
- Come up with inventive design solutions for client integration with our complex tech platform, with an eye toward the future of media
- Design mockups of Genius web products and high-impact ad units
- Quick turnaround with beautiful results, fit for an advertising audience
- Improve and iterate upon existing presentations and templates
- 3-5 years professional design experience
- Experience with Adobe suite, Sketch, Keynote (and/or powerpoint) and interactive prototyping preferred
- Attention to detail; precise and responsive to feedback
- Experience with designing digital products, visual systems, and brand integrations.
- Self-guided and confident in taking the lead on a design direction
- Experience building and designing decks for client pitches
- Familiarity with the agency landscape; knowing what brands want to see and how to best pitch our ideas
- Strong ability to hit deadlines and work independently on projects with some external design guidance
Genius breaks down text with line-by-line annotations, added and edited by anyone in the world. It's your interactive guide to human culture.
Want to learn more about Genius? Visit http://genius.com/
Jobs You May Like
Motion Art Director – Communication Design
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany
Senior UX Researcher, Qualitative
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Graphic Designer (Contract)
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY
UX Design Intern
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA