Senior Analyst, Natural Gas
Genscape, Boulder Office, Houston Office, Boston Office
See jobs at Genscape
Genscape is seeking qualified applicants for an opening as a Senior Analyst – Natural Gas. This position will be responsible for conducting and directing modelling and forecasting of North American natural gas market fundamentals, and communicating the results of their and the group’s analysis to clients, prospects, and other market participants. The preferred candidate will have extensive prior exposure to gas and associated commodity markets such as power, oil, and NGLs, with intimate familiarity of NYMEX and/or basis markets. Candidates should have demonstrated experience creating and/or operating supply demand, and storage models. Preference will be given to those with forecasting credentials. The ideal candidate will also need to demonstrate comfort with and professionalism in presenting their findings to small and large audiences for the purpose of supporting product sales and establishing the firm’s view of the market. Accordingly, the position requires travel at roughly 25% of time. This position can be located in Houston, TX, Boulder, CO, or Boston, MA.
This role will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and operating regional and macro market balances and forecasts to identify market opportunities and communicate those to clients.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive exposure to North American natural gas markets. Preference will be given to candidates with prior exposure to commodities associated with gas markets such as power, oil, NGLs, and LNG.
- Intimate familiarity with fundamentals of NYMEX and basis markets.
- Demonstrated experience creating and/or operating supply, demand, and storage models.
- Experience with near- and long-term forecasting preferred.
- Ability to and comfort with presenting in front of small and large groups in order to communicate company views on markets and methodologies.
- Ability to support sales to prospects and existing clients.
- ~25% travel
- At least five years conducting market analysis and model development in the commodities sphere.
- Demonstrate knowledge of NYMEX fundamentals and trends.
- Familiarity with North American basis markets and influences on each.
- Preference will be given to those with proficiency in SQL and advanced stats packages, such as Python or R.
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills
About Genscape With the world’s largest network of patented and proprietary monitoring technologies, Genscape delivers unique, real-time fundamental data to provide market insight and intelligence A Brief History: We Invented This Market Genscape was founded in 1999 by two power traders who grew frustrated with the lack of transparency into the market – and set about inventing new technologies to expand high quality data access to more market participants than ever before. Over the past decade, Genscape has invested heavily in research and development, and continues to be awarded numerous patents. Genscape continues to build an extensive network and a wide range of tools to better inform trading and operational strategies surrounding energy supply chains. Now operating the world’s largest private network of in-the-field monitors, Genscape has added satellite reconnaissance, artificial intelligence, and maritime freight tracking to its data acquisition capabilities. Today, Genscape delivers its unique brand of unsurpassed market intelligence across the commodity and energy spectrum: power, oil, natural gas, petrochemical and NGL, agriculture, biofuels, and maritime freight. In 2017, Jon Ecker was appointed as CEO of Genscape, building upon Genscape’s core brand value: to provide the highest quality fundamental data faster than any other organization, bar none.
Want to learn more about Genscape? Visit Genscape's website.
Jobs You May Like
Backend Software Engineer II - InsightConnect
Rapid7, Cambridge, MA
Grand Rounds, San Francisco, CA
Cloudflare, Austin, TX
Senior Product Designer (m/f)
Global Bank Project Manager
Group Product Manager - Business Products (m/f/d)
Yelp, Hamburg, Germany