THE SOURCE OF TRUTH AND INSIGHT FOR GLOBAL ENERGY MARKETS
Genscape is the source of truth and insight for global energy markets and a pioneer in technological innovation. We’ve nurtured and embraced an entrepreneurial spirit and progressive culture for 20 years after our founders sought to change energy data availability and expanded high-quality data access to more market participants than ever before. With the first ever power monitoring sensor capable of measuring real-time flow on power lines, Genscape changed the way the world sees and reacts to energy markets.
Today we are the leader in real-time data delivery and market intelligence. We were on the forefront of some of the most important technology changes in the past few decades, including Internet of Things, Big Data, and Machine Learning, long before it was in vogue.
We operate the world’s largest private network of in-field monitors and distribute industry-leading alternative data, delivering unsurpassed market intelligence across the commodity and energy spectrum including power, oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, agriculture, biofuels, and maritime freight. Our spirit and culture continue to be the hallmark of what makes working at Genscape great.
Our Software Engineering team is looking for engineering leadership with deep expertise in software development, cloud data technologies, DevOps and automation. You will be leading teams developing applications for data delivery and visualization where speed of delivering data insights is of crucial importance. As a technical leader you will be responsible for developing and executing strategy for your teams and provide hands-on technical leadership for architecture and design considerations. You will foster a highly collaborative team in a global environment of data scientists, data analyst, domain experts and business leaders to deliver data products that have impact on global energy trading markets.
- Day-to-day engaged technical leadership, including driving architecture, design, code reviews, and technology selection.
- As a member of technical leadership team, you will mentor and coach 4-12 software developers, data scientists, data engineers and administrators in an Agile environment
- Lead the design, develop, and implement data delivery and data visualization applications using state-of-the-art web technologies.
- Lead the creation of automation systems and tools to deploy, configure, monitor, and orchestrate Genscape's applications in production.
- Evaluate new technologies for continuous improvements in data visualization and related web applications.
- Collaborate closely with the product management teams to build new data products.
- Work with data scientists and data analysts to implement descriptive, forecasting and predictive algorithms and models using the latest technologies to deliver better insights to users through of our applications
- Bring an entrepreneurial mindset, openness, transparency, and collegiality to your everyday work.
- 5 years of leadership of software development in an Agile environment
- Ability to lead and work closely with a team of technical and non-technical individual contributors, in multiple geographic locations.
- BS in Computer Science or related degrees.
- Strong coding skills in one or more modern programming languages for back-end development (C#, Java, Python or Typescript/Nodejs)
- 5+ years of experience with deploying production-grade web applications
- Extensive experience with at least one popular backend framework (Java/Spring/Hibernate, Nodejs/Express, .Net, Python/Flask/SqlAlchemy). Genscape uses .Net extensively but not exclusively.
- Experience with continuous integration and automation tools and processes, like TeamCity/Jenkins/Bamboo.
- Task oriented with ability to set goals, for him/herself and others and help others complete deliverables on time.
- Experience with modern Agile organizational frameworks such as a “squad” or Spotify model
- Experience with modern DevOps/SRE end-to-end processes
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks (Angular, React, Backbone, etc)
- Fluency with SQL and Relational Databases, like PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS cloud services.
- Experience with developing microservices with Docker and Kubernetes to serve machine learning models.
About Genscape With the world’s largest network of patented and proprietary monitoring technologies, Genscape delivers unique, real-time fundamental data to provide market insight and intelligence A Brief History: We Invented This Market Genscape was founded in 1999 by two power traders who grew frustrated with the lack of transparency into the market – and set about inventing new technologies to expand high quality data access to more market participants than ever before. Over the past decade, Genscape has invested heavily in research and development, and continues to be awarded numerous patents. Genscape continues to build an extensive network and a wide range of tools to better inform trading and operational strategies surrounding energy supply chains. Now operating the world’s largest private network of in-the-field monitors, Genscape has added satellite reconnaissance, artificial intelligence, and maritime freight tracking to its data acquisition capabilities. Today, Genscape delivers its unique brand of unsurpassed market intelligence across the commodity and energy spectrum: power, oil, natural gas, petrochemical and NGL, agriculture, biofuels, and maritime freight. In 2017, Jon Ecker was appointed as CEO of Genscape, building upon Genscape’s core brand value: to provide the highest quality fundamental data faster than any other organization, bar none.