THE SOURCE OF TRUTH AND INSIGHT FOR GLOBAL ENERGY MARKETS
Vesseltracker, a Genscape Company, is a leading provider of global AIS vessel movements and maritime information services that was founded by an Information Technology specialist and Port Operations Manager with the goal of bringing higher levels of transparency and clarity into the market.
Well over a quarter of a million users from multiple sectors across the globe access vesseltracker.com services to get up-to-date vessel movements, maritime news and events and in depth information on vessel characteristics, specifications and ownership/management details and an ever growing number of customized data delivery projects, reports and analytics.
Vesseltracker processes billions of messages every day from the largest and fastest growing privately owned AIS receiver network on the planet, and the most technologically advanced and only AIS dedicated satellite constellation. Vesseltracker further applies auto cleanse and auto correct algorithms making it possible for you to accurately track well over 120,000 vessels on any given day, from anywhere in the world. Our services are designed to suite the variety of challenges faced by companies, authorities and individuals who require a complete overview within the maritime sector on both a local and/or global scale.
Are you enthusiastic about the DevOps movement? Does the idea of magically whirling up new systems with the simple click of a button excite you? Do you believe that processes and applications should be self-healing, and ideally, self-scaling? And do you want to work in a company where developers and operators look after applications together, as a team? You've come to the right place!
A Day in the Life of the DevOps Engineer:
- Administration of our current IT infrastructure (50+ linux servers)
- Conception and further development of redundancy, scaling and self-healing
- Improvement of configuration management
- Improvement of logging and monitoring
- Supporting our antenna team with maintenance and development of our worldwide deployed antenna stations
Your profile as a DevOps Engineer on our Team:
- Open-minded, communicative and a fast learner
- Profound knowledge of linux systems
- Experience with at least one configuration management tool (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Comfortable working with version control systems such as GIT
- Enthusiastic about virtualization and container technologies such as Docker
- Deep interest in automation and continuous integration
- Experience with big data solutions/tools such as Hadoop or specialized database solutions such as Elasticsearch
- Public/private cloud solutions such as AWS, Azure, Openstack
- German-language skills
What we offer here at Genscape/Vesseltracker!
- An attractive, modern office located directly on Hamburg's Alster Lake
- A key position in a dynamic, international team with challenging and high-responsibility tasks
- Wide scope for implementing creative and innovative ideas
- Flat hierarchy and a friendly, personal team
- Support with visas, resettling, etc. and establishing yourself in Hamburg
- Many opportunities for career-related development plus participation in conferences, conventions and trade fairs
- Regular team events (eg. "Friday Lunch")
- Fitness program – reimbursement for approved gym, yoga, sports equipment, etc.
- Charity program – reimbursement for approved charitable donations
About Genscape With the world’s largest network of patented and proprietary monitoring technologies, Genscape delivers unique, real-time fundamental data to provide market insight and intelligence A Brief History: We Invented This Market Genscape was founded in 1999 by two power traders who grew frustrated with the lack of transparency into the market – and set about inventing new technologies to expand high quality data access to more market participants than ever before. Over the past decade, Genscape has invested heavily in research and development, and continues to be awarded numerous patents. Genscape continues to build an extensive network and a wide range of tools to better inform trading and operational strategies surrounding energy supply chains. Now operating the world’s largest private network of in-the-field monitors, Genscape has added satellite reconnaissance, artificial intelligence, and maritime freight tracking to its data acquisition capabilities. Today, Genscape delivers its unique brand of unsurpassed market intelligence across the commodity and energy spectrum: power, oil, natural gas, petrochemical and NGL, agriculture, biofuels, and maritime freight. In 2017, Jon Ecker was appointed as CEO of Genscape, building upon Genscape’s core brand value: to provide the highest quality fundamental data faster than any other organization, bar none.