The individual in this position will be a key resource to support our growing content publishing needs. You will identify and directly apply best practices in electronic production and future development of our publishing processes, working closely with Analysts, Technologists, Product Developers, and our publications team.
In this position, you will be responsible for resolving a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways to ensure all of our products and services reach subscribers in a highly deadline driven environment.
If you are passionate about the energy sector, and have curious nature, then this could be a great opportunity for you! Keep reading….
A day in the life of a Desktop Operations Specialist will include:
- Executing daily electronic production of Genscape’s oil product portfolio through a variety of platforms.
- Automating production processes through implementation of desktop publishing and other best practice automation tools.
- Working across departments to develop streamlined workflow for product changes, new product launches, and new platform deployments.
- Documenting workflow, quality review, tracking performance metrics, and developing internal reports.
- Enforcing and overseeing style guidelines and standards to ensure content quality.
This role might be for you if:
- You have 3+ years’ experience with emphasis on publishing.
- Proven ability to execute in a highly deadline driven environment.
- Familiarity with electronic publishing tools and technologies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in publication, communication and time management practices including project scoping, creating documentation, performing quality review tasks, conducting effective meetings and communicating with stakeholders, peers and management.
- Familiarity with database query tools and ability to pull data and content from a variety of input sources.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or related work experience.
- You have a passion for the energy and commodity industry and are seeking an opportunity to learn the ins and outs of these markets.
- You have strong English and communication skills.
- You have an ability to multi-task in a time-sensitive, high-pressure environment.
- You are a unique problem solver with a ‘why not’ attitude.
Once you land this position, you’ll get to enjoy:
- A fun, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where employees are viewed as the company’s greatest asset and critical to our success.
- Being part of a team of extremely talented analysts, engineers, technologists and more.
- A company that offers a strong focus on work life balance and encouragement to make a big impact where you work.
- Excellent benefits and numerous perks!
About Genscape With the world’s largest network of patented and proprietary monitoring technologies, Genscape delivers unique, real-time fundamental data to provide market insight and intelligence A Brief History: We Invented This Market Genscape was founded in 1999 by two power traders who grew frustrated with the lack of transparency into the market – and set about inventing new technologies to expand high quality data access to more market participants than ever before. Over the past decade, Genscape has invested heavily in research and development, and continues to be awarded numerous patents. Genscape continues to build an extensive network and a wide range of tools to better inform trading and operational strategies surrounding energy supply chains. Now operating the world’s largest private network of in-the-field monitors, Genscape has added satellite reconnaissance, artificial intelligence, and maritime freight tracking to its data acquisition capabilities. Today, Genscape delivers its unique brand of unsurpassed market intelligence across the commodity and energy spectrum: power, oil, natural gas, petrochemical and NGL, agriculture, biofuels, and maritime freight. In 2017, Jon Ecker was appointed as CEO of Genscape, building upon Genscape’s core brand value: to provide the highest quality fundamental data faster than any other organization, bar none.
Want to learn more about Genscape? Visit Genscape's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Data Scientist, Super Network
Twilio, Tallinn, Estonia
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Strategic Business Associate
Red Ventures, London, UK
Data Scientist - Product Analytics
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - College Grad
Qualtrics , Provo, Seattle