Sr. Software Engineer - Firmware (Remote)
Getaround, San Francisco, CA
See jobs at Getaround
What you'll do
- Combining smartphone technology, automotive technology, and wireless networking to solve real-world problems.
- Developing on ARM-based embedded platforms using C and Lua using proven methods to release high quality code
- Debugging and developing an embedded Linux system with a few megs of RAM, a read-only disk, uclibc, and a pared down vi that would have been amazing in 1985
- Working on bare metal Cortex-M4 processors with 32kbytes of RAM, processing 10,000 frames/second
- Working collaboratively on a large code base stored in git and supporting dev, prod and release branches
- Implementing solutions to collect and process data from GPS/GNSS, I2C, UART, SPI, OBD2, interface and transmit telemetry using LTE cellular, Bluetooth LE, USB and Ethernet
- Exploring next generation designs that may include 5G, NFC and cameras
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, EE or a related field5+ years of experience developing on Linux/POSIX systems
- Strong systems development experience in C
- Embedded systems experience with a focus on Linux
- Solid shell scripting
- Experience shipping reliable software on remote systems running 24/7
- Strong desire to write quality unit and systems tests
- Ability to work on a small team in a growing organization while keeping focused on key goals and priorities
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience with ARM Cortex microcontrollers
- Experience UART, SPI, I2C interfaces
- Experience with uBoot, system bring up, and the ability to read a schematic
- Experience with automotive systems and protocols such as OBD2
- Experience designing on low power and battery powered systems
- Passion for cars and the future of automotive tech
- A love of failure and crash analysis with incomplete or damaged data and logs
Benefits & Perks
- Platinum plans for medical, dental, and vision take excellent care of you and your family.
- Generous stock options and robust 401(K) to help you save and plan for retirement
- Remote first workplace, flexible work hours, and open PTO policy (we mean it!)
- Work Smarter incentive policy to optimize your home office and individual wellness needs
- Education stipend to promote your career development and growth
- Monthly Getaround credits and discounts for your friends and family
- Udemy for Business Training Platform
About us Getaround is an on-demand carsharing marketplace powered by our proprietary hardware technology, the Getaround Connect. Headquartered in San Francisco since 2009, we won TechCrunch Disrupt in 2011, and launched on-demand carsharing just two years later. Getaround has grown to over 200,000 members across the US by allowing users to rent, unlock and drive — all with your phone. Rates start at $5/hour including insurance and no membership fees. Car owners conveniently share their cars earning $500-$1000 a month.
Want to learn more about Getaround? Visit Getaround's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.