Mammalian Bioproduction Cell Engineer (CHO, HEK293T)
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA
THE ORGANISM COMPANY
- Identify opportunities and develop strategies for the optimization of protein production in mammalian hosts, such as CHO and HEK293T cells. Strategies based on existing data and hypotheses in the field should explore a wide range of options from metabolic pathway balancing to secretory pathway optimizations, such as increased chaperone expression.
- Utilize Ginkgo’s resources and expertise in metabolomic, proteomic, and sequence profiling to produce comprehensive data sets for metabolic modeling, genetic stability, etc. in order to develop optimization hypotheses for further testing. Take full advantage of capabilities for unbiased interrogation of bioproduction host cells in different production conditions to generate new hypotheses for host cell engineering.
- Monitor cell growth, nutrient and metabolite trends, protein concentration, and quality during cell culture at various scales and methods including multiwell plates, shake flasks, wave bags, and bioreactors such as Ambr15 and Ambr250.
- Use the data above to propose and test early-stage process parameters for scale-up. Identify, design and implement these key assays for cell production monitoring at appropriate scale and efficiency.
- Serve as foundry resource for CHO/HEK protein optimization projects, working with teams to design and execute optimization projects, including cell transfection, growth, and analyte testing.
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- Hands-on proficiency in mammalian cell culture, especially for CHO and HEK293T cells in a variety of formats (multiwell plates and T flasks required; experience with Ambr15 and Ambr250 bioreactors, wave bags, etc. strongly preferred)
- Extensive experience with multiple transfection reagents and protocols, clone selection, and demonstrating clonality
Additional Preferred Requirements (desired, but not essential)
- Familiarity with laboratory automation and data analysis platforms such as Python, R, and/or JMP.
- Hands-on experience with development of workflow automation for biologics
- Expertise with test assays for protein titer, purity, and quality (SDS-PAGE, LabChip capillary electrophoresis, Western blots, ELISAs, Octet, etc.)
- Experience with bioproduction and GMP framework
- Strong knowledge of viral vectors and gene editing techniques
- Biotech industry experience with CHO and/or HEK293T cell production of recombinant proteins, including antibodies and fusion proteins
About Ginkgo Bioworks
Ginkgo Bioworks is the organism company. We design custom microbes for customers across multiple markets. We build our foundries to scale the process of organism engineering using software and hardware automation. Organism engineers at Ginkgo learn from nature to develop new organisms that replace technology with biology.
Want to learn more about Ginkgo Bioworks? Visit Ginkgo Bioworks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Enigma, New York, NY
Intern - Learning & Culture
Software Development Engineer in Test
Highfive, Redwood City
VP of Customer Success
Brightwheel, Denver, Colorado
Graphic Designer (Part-Time) | Mental Health Incubator Startup
Affect Mental Health, Boston, MA