- Troubleshoot and contribute to custom software in order to enable high throughput molecular biology pipelines.
- Understand the automated liquid handling tools and methods and molecular biology techniques that this software will support.
- Contribute to analyzing data from high throughput molecular biology pipelines and work with software developers, biologists and automation engineers to make the pipelines even more efficient and high quality.
- Jump in and help with whatever is needed to get the job done: NGS analysis, UI development, database cleanup, you never know!
- A few years of experience using molecular biology, automated liquid handling or software.
- Understanding of molecular biology, microbiology, genetics or relevant field.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced-environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to summarize and act quickly and efficiently.
- Strong desire for further understanding.
- Enjoy customer service and explaining concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Penchant for teaching concepts in an open and collaborative environment.
About Ginkgo Bioworks
Ginkgo Bioworks is the organism company. We design custom microbes for customers across multiple markets. We build our foundries to scale the process of organism engineering using software and hardware automation. Organism engineers at Ginkgo learn from nature to develop new organisms that replace technology with biology.