- Developing methods for extraction and purification of gram-scale quantities of a wide variety of cultured ingredients.
- Providing cultured ingredients samples for sensory testing by customers
- Interacting with manufacturing partners to support translation of recovery and purification processes at scale
- Analytical characterization of extraction, recovery and purification processes
- PhD in chemical engineering or similar or BS/MS with equivalent industry experience
- Experience with different scale of distillation and solvent handling a plus
- Experience in preparative chromatography approaches a plus
- Experience in natural products isolation and purification a plus
About Ginkgo Bioworks
Ginkgo Bioworks is the organism company. We design custom microbes for customers across multiple markets. We build our foundries to scale the process of organism engineering using software and hardware automation. Organism engineers at Ginkgo learn from nature to develop new organisms that replace technology with biology.