- Develop tools for comparative and phylogenetic analysis of genome and metagenome sequence data
- Develop analysis framework for evolutionary engineering to improve strain performance
- Implement sequence analysis tools for verification, analysis and comparison of engineered strains
- Develop tools for manipulation and analysis of NGS datasets
- Integrate tools into Ginkgo's software infrastructure
- Run existing analysis software and scripts as needed, while keeping excellent records
- Experience with NGS data from Illumina and MinIon sequencing machines, (de novo) genome and hybrid assembly, and genome annotation is a plus.
- MS/PhD in life sciences, bioinformatics, computational biology, physical sciences or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in computational biology and/or data analysis, including at least 2 years of hands-on work experience with real data (either in an academic environment or in industry)
- Loves to write elegant code (please provide a link to any publically available code when applying)
- Experience with the data analysis stack of python (scipy, numpy, pandas, cobrapy) or R
- Experience with manipulation and visualization of genome, metagenome and/or NGS datasets
- Ability to clearly communicate with multidisciplinary scientific staff in a collaborative and diverse environment
About Ginkgo Bioworks
Ginkgo Bioworks is the organism company. We design custom microbes for customers across multiple markets. We build our foundries to scale the process of organism engineering using software and hardware automation. Organism engineers at Ginkgo learn from nature to develop new organisms that replace technology with biology.
Want to learn more about Ginkgo Bioworks? Visit Ginkgo Bioworks's website.
Jobs You May Like
AKQA, San Francisco
Test Engineer - R&D
Instructional Associate - Data Science Immersive (Full-time Contract)
General Assembly, Sydney
Data Scientist - Machine Learning
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Quality Assurance Analyst