- Develop, optimize and execute novel enzymatic and cell-based assays in high-throughput screens.
- Design and execute lab-based experiments, generate and interpret data supporting the successful development of new assays and tests.
- Learn, apply, and incorporate automation solutions during assay development, execution, troubleshooting, data analysis, and reporting.
- Investigate and identify new methods/technologies to generate reliable and reproducible data.
- Plan and execute experiments, adapt readily to changing project needs and develop sophisticated problem-identification and problem-solving skills.
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- MS in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, pharmacology, enzymology, or equivalent with 2+ years of prior experience in an industry laboratory setting working as part of a multi-disciplinary team; OR BS with equivalent.
- Ability to create and establish priorities, manage work plans, and meet timelines.
- Demonstrated initiative, teamwork, collaboration and passion for developing technical expertise across assay development to routine execution
- Established capability to design, conduct, optimize and execute on novel biochemical and cell-based assay development efforts in the lab supporting HTS and project deliverables.
- Strong scientific foundation in the understanding and implementation of a wide range of biochemical and cell-based assay readouts (e.g. TR-FRET, HTRF, BRET, PCA, Alpha Screen, Fluorescence Polarization, Luminescence & Fluorescence-based reporter &/or label-free assays).
- Broad experience and expertise in molecular reagent & cell line handling as well as development and implementation of novel cell target engagement, functional, and phenotypic assays.
- Experience in developing biochemical assays (e.g. assessing enzymatic activity & kinetics, molecular interactions, protein modifications) &/or biophysical techniques & approaches (e.g. SPR, ITC, TSA, etc.)
- Experience with microbial fermentation at the plate or bench scale.
- Familiarity with setting-up and operation of microplate readers (e.g., Synergy or PHERAstar), flow cytometer or optofluidic based systems (e.g., ZE5, Beacon) and automated liquid handlers (e.g., Prime, Hamilton, Echo, Tempest) in the development of 384- and/or 1536-well microtiter plate assays.
- Experience in computational analysis of biological data and large data sets using general-purpose programming language (such as Python, R, or Matlab)
- Familiarity with software and statistical platforms for the analysis of large data sets (e.g., JMP, Tableau, Spotfire, or MODDE pro/DoE)
About Ginkgo Bioworks
Ginkgo Bioworks is the organism company. We design custom microbes for customers across multiple markets. We build our foundries to scale the process of organism engineering using software and hardware automation. Organism engineers at Ginkgo learn from nature to develop new organisms that replace technology with biology.
Want to learn more about Ginkgo Bioworks? Visit Ginkgo Bioworks's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.
Tech Jobs For You
Sr. Backend/API Developer - (Scala/Java) (2021 Q4)
Cerebri AI, Austin TX or Toronto ON or Washington DC