- Drive development of fermentation processes across multiple Ginkgo organisms and ingredients
- Work with Ginkgo test engineers to map performance in microtiter plates to that in bench scale fermentation
- Work with Ginkgo organism engineers to verify performance to spec
- Work with Ginkgo chemical and process engineers to develop downstream purification processes
- Lead tech transfer of strains and bioprocesses to customers and/or contract manufacturers
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience with 5+ years relevant industrial experience
- Demonstrated success with process development and scale up of a microbial fermentation process for small molecule production.
- Expertise in scale down approaches (matching performance in microtiter plates to that in fermentation scale) a plus.
- Expertise in Design of Experiments and process modeling a plus.
- Experience with multiple microbial hosts and fermentation systems a plus.
- Experience with tech transfer of materials and processes to customers and/or contract manufacturing facilities a plus.
About Ginkgo Bioworks
Ginkgo Bioworks is the organism company. We design custom microbes for customers across multiple markets. We build our foundries to scale the process of organism engineering using software and hardware automation. Organism engineers at Ginkgo learn from nature to develop new organisms that replace technology with biology.
Want to learn more about Ginkgo Bioworks? Visit Ginkgo Bioworks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr Solutions Architect Mid West Region.
Paxata, Columbus, OH
Senior Developer Advocate / Evangelist
SurveyMonkey, Dublin, Ireland
Senior Data Engineer: Massive Graph Processing
LiveRamp, San Francisco, CA
Solutions Architect - Cloud Native Developer Enablement Team
Pivotal Software, Chicago
InfoSec - Security Engineer - US East Coast or Europe