- Operate automated fluid systems and equipment in strict accordance with current GMP’s, SOP’s and safety guidelines.
- Prepare master mixes, buffers, and other reagents necessary for production.
- Perform analytical quality control tests on work in progress and finished product.
- Participate in the transfer, validation, and implementation of new processes and products into manufacturing.
- Ability to work weekend shift a requirement.
- AS/BS degree in Biology, Biochemistry or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated expertise with molecular biology protocols (DNA Amplification and Modification, Gene Synthesis, Next Generation Sequencing, Bacteria Culturing & Plasmid Prep) and understanding of related reagents.
- Manufacturing experience with automated fluid handling equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact with customers, fellow employees, and senior management.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Demonstrated use of SPC, DOE, and Failure Analysis techniques preferred.
- Exposure to Six-Sigma and Lean Manufacturing a plus.
About Ginkgo Bioworks
Ginkgo Bioworks is the organism company. We design custom microbes for customers across multiple markets. We build our foundries to scale the process of organism engineering using software and hardware automation. Organism engineers at Ginkgo learn from nature to develop new organisms that replace technology with biology.
Want to learn more about Ginkgo Bioworks? Visit Ginkgo Bioworks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Manager, Shopper Experience
Software Engineer - Intern (Hamburg, Fall 2018)
Yelp, Hamburg, Germany
Senior Director of Business Development - Pharmaceuticals
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA
Product Design Manager
VideoBlocks, Arlington, VA
Senior Product Designer, Shopify Plus
Shopify, Waterloo, Canada
EE Vehicle System Validation Engineer
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA