- Draft and negotiate a high volume of contracts, including without limitation master services agreements and work orders, consulting agreements, confidentiality agreements, material transfer agreements, supply agreements, and research agreements.
- Interface with internal management and external parties to gather specifications and terms necessary for contract drafting and negotiations.
- Actively help implement and manage contract management tools and other technology adopted by the Legal Department. Help ensure the contract repository is accurate and up to date.
- Help implement new policies and procedures.
- Train internal clients on policies, procedures and systems as requested.
- Work closely with members of Finance and other departments to help ensure compliance with cross-functional policies and procedures.
- Help develop and update contract templates, training materials, and relevant portions of the Legal Department’s intranet site content.
- Serve as a liaison with outside counsel, as requested.
- Conduct research, as needed.
- Complete special projects such as collaborating on department-wide or company-wide initiatives, as requested.
- Experience with intellectual property (patents, trademarks & copyrights) management and patent docketing a plus.
- 3+ years of experience drafting and negotiating a variety of contracts relevant to the life sciences industry
- Prior in-house experience as a member of a legal/patent department in a biotechnology or pharmaceuticals company strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, problem-solve and operate in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Experience with contract management systems a plus
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously and still meet high quality and timeliness standards under pressure
- Team player with a commitment to developing strong collaborative relationships with other members of the department, clients and cross-functional teams
- Solution-oriented, positive, “can do” approach
- Comfortable in a results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make an impact
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and be reliable and responsive
- Ability to be flexible and willing to accept new responsibilities as needed
- Commitment to proactively seeking, designing and implementing improvements and engaging with appropriate stakeholders to propose and implement solutions
About Ginkgo Bioworks
Ginkgo Bioworks is the organism company. We design custom microbes for customers across multiple markets. We build our foundries to scale the process of organism engineering using software and hardware automation. Organism engineers at Ginkgo learn from nature to develop new organisms that replace technology with biology.
Want to learn more about Ginkgo Bioworks? Visit Ginkgo Bioworks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Lincoln International, London
Senior Workforce Management Analyst
Endurance International Group, Loveland, CO
HotelTonight, San Francisco, CA
Accounts Receivable (A/R) Coordinator
Vimeo, New York, NY
Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Cherwell Software, Colorado Springs, CO