Lab Consumables, Equipment, and Services Category Lead
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA
THE ORGANISM COMPANY
- Build Ginkgo’s Lab Consumables, Equipment, and Services category/team from the ground up, ensuring that key products and services are available at the highest level of quality, efficiency, and cost.
- Develop overall category vision, strategy, priorities, and portfolio of projects, collaborating with relevant business stakeholders to ensure effective alignment.
- Design and implement an effective strategy for lab consumables, equipment, and service-related spend areas, collaborating with cross-functional teams to gather business requirements and market insights that support key decisions.
- Assess options and strategies for supply chain and sourcing, and oversee plans for implementation and operationalization.
- Support Make versus Buy decisions.
- Build effective spend management tools to drive the total cost of ownership and asset utilization decisions.
- Develop a robust portfolio of sourcing projects to achieve year-over-year productivity and deliver cost savings targets.
- Ensure relevant customer-centric procurement KPIs are created, implemented, and tracked.
- Initiate, negotiate, and execute contracts and agreements for commercial terms, intellectual property, and confidentiality, working with our Legal Team to ensure compliance with all legal, ethical, and procurement standards.
- Develop and manage key supplier relationships through appropriate programs (e.g. alliance/supplier relationship management) to enable innovation and cost reduction through mutual accountability and trust.
- Establish category and supplier management processes, driving the value messaging of and compliance with these processes across Ginkgo.
- Collaborate with our Finance Team to streamline and lead the team’s budget/forecasting process as it relates to third-party spend, working to improve the efficiency and timeliness of our overall budget cycle.
- Support the Lab Consumables, Equipment, and Services Team by securing the appropriate sponsorship, resources, and implementation support, and providing strategic insight and access to all relevant resources and data.
- Collaborate with fellow team members to deliver the benefits of value enhancement projects through business engagement and resources (where appropriate)
- Ensure that the team engages with and fully supports Ginkgo’s supply base and supplier management strategies, helping to identify and resolve compliance issues with respect to the usage of preferred suppliers.
- Help to meet deliverables, as agreed upon during Category Plan development
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in supply chain management, procurement operations, or related field
- 10+ years of experience with sourcing laboratory equipment; prior experience with biotech startups and/or pharmaceutical companies strongly preferred
- Prior management experience with lab consumables, equipment, and service category/spend - as well as direct management of team members - preferably within a laboratory and/or scientific environment
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to establish and execute new strategies and processes
- Proven ability to manage negotiations, suppliers, and contracts
- High-level problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify, maintain, and utilize key metrics to make data-driven decisions and make continuous improvements
- Exceptional ability to build strong relationships, develop negotiation strategies, and influence technical, business, and operational decisions
- Strong multitasking skills, with the ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and attention to detail, with the ability to efficiently organize information, analyze large datasets, and present data in a clear and impactful manner
- Enthusiasm about being a part of Ginkgo’s mission
About Ginkgo Bioworks
Ginkgo Bioworks is the organism company. We design custom microbes for customers across multiple markets. We build our foundries to scale the process of organism engineering using software and hardware automation. Organism engineers at Ginkgo learn from nature to develop new organisms that replace technology with biology.
Want to learn more about Ginkgo Bioworks? Visit Ginkgo Bioworks's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.