Ginkgo Bioworks is a privately held, high-growth, and well-funded biotechnology company based in Boston’s Seaport District. Our mission is to make biology easier to engineer. As a world leader in synthetic biology, we leverage our unparalleled data, automation, and scale capabilities in biological engineering to build custom organisms. Our products work across the economy - from custom proteins for plant-based foods, to novel microbes that can replace traditional fertilizer, to living medicines that respond to conditions in a patient’s body.
In response to the global COVID-19 pandemic, we have launched a new service: Concentric by Ginkgo
. Concentric is Ginkgo’s pandemic response program and the foundation of a long-term biosecurity business that is uniquely positioned to thrive alongside Ginkgo’s core bioengineering capabilities. At the core today is a high-scale testing business delivered via our digital platform, which provides turn-key access to multiple testing modalities. We firmly believe that testing is an essential requirement to re-open the economy as quickly and safely as possible (see our white paper here
), and we aim to provide broad access to COVID-19 testing solutions to support the national testing capacity.
As a Product Manager, you will be a core part of our Software and Product Management teams as we continue to scale Concentric by Ginkgo. Your role will be to lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products that will interface with communities around the country as we deliver COVID-19 testing solutions at scale. Out of today’s products, we will build the platform to respond to future biological threats.
The ideal Product Manager has a passion for public health, synthetic biology, and a proven track record of turning complex problems into delightfully simple and scalable products. As we launch various testing capabilities in new markets, your initiative, entrepreneurship, and teamwork will shine as you adapt this offering to meet customer needs. Your role will be high-impact and a critical part of our national solution to COVID-19.
Come join our outstanding team of engineers, designers, and commercial all-stars to crush COVID-19 and create solutions that bring about a safer planet for all.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products to deliver scaled COVID testing across the country
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Motivate and inspire a team of world-class engineers and designers to deliver outstanding products
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Understand our strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in industry
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- 4+ years of product management experience and proven track record delivering incredible software
- Demonstrated ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps
- Experience leading or supporting user research
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Excited to work with the best engineers to develop new software tools to solve never-before-solved public health and biosecurity challenges
To learn more about our Software Team and how we're growing Ginkgo's platform, check out our team page
. as well as some of the team's blog posts
To learn more about Ginkgo, check out some recent press:
We also feel that it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry, and that needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. Ginkgo is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. Our culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with people from all walks of life.
We’re developing a powerful biological engineering platform, so we must remain mindful of the many ways our technology can – and will – impact people around the world. We care about how our platform is used, and having a diverse team to build it gives us the best chance that it’s something we’ll be proud of as it continues to grow. Therefore, it’s critical that we incorporate the diverse voices and visions of all those who play a role in the future of biology.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.